Sales day book ledger entries?

Beki Mac
Beki Mac Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
Hi, I'm new to the forum, but I've been reading some posts over last few weeks and they've been helpful.

A few weeks into foundation and I'm already having a few problems.

We've been given a practice skills test and I'm getting all muddled up trying to remember how to enter the information in the Sales Day Book into the ledgers and journals :(

(I've handed my homework in to be marked on this part, so I don't have any notes to refer to)

I know it sounds daft, and there's probably no easy way to remember, but can anyone point me in the right direction, please?

Cheers, Beki

Comments

• Beki Mac
    Beki Mac Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    Thanks to those who PM'd me :)
  • Diannew
    Diannew Registered Posts: 2,814 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Beki Mac wrote: »
    Hi, I'm new to the forum, but I've been reading some posts over last few weeks and they've been helpful.

A few weeks into foundation and I'm already having a few problems.

We've been given a practice skills test and I'm getting all muddled up trying to remember how to enter the information in the Sales Day Book into the ledgers and journals :(

(I've handed my homework in to be marked on this part, so I don't have any notes to refer to)

I know it sounds daft, and there's probably no easy way to remember, but can anyone point me in the right direction, please?

Cheers, Beki

Hi and welcome..

Just think about the day book and what it represents.......

The total colum in the day book is a total of debtors(people who owe you money) so that is posted a s a DR...and the Nett sales and Vat are the opposite CR.s

When entering them in the Main and Subsidiary Ledgers...remember what ever way you post the Total column DR to the Sales(debtors)control account you do exactly the same in the individual Susidiary accounts..........

hope this helps

Dianne
  • Sweetpotato Chips
    Sweetpotato Chips Registered Posts: 173 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Pearls

Has your tutor introduced you to pearls if not I will explain it has helped me place things on the correct side...Let me know anyway
Privacy Policy