Unit 10 Methodology

suej
suej Registered Posts: 26 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi

I've had my first draft of project returned with a few adjustments to make which I have done, but having trouble with the methodolgy. I had written a couple of paragraphs stating that I had looked into the Accounting Function and identified some weaknesses, and then commented on possible solutions for the weaknesses. I then discussed the solutions with the Auditor and it was decided to improve the Supplier payment process as this would be the easiest to improve and would have a significant impact on the department. I then listed the reference documents that I had used and acknoweledged who helped me with the project.

My feedback is that the methodology is on the short side, did I plan to do any cost benefit analysis ( which is in the project), research or business needs analysis and did I plan to make a conclusion. Any advice would be appreciated as I have already exceeded my word count with the amendments as it is!!!

Regards
Sue

Comments

• A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    suej wrote: »
    Hi

I've had my first draft of project returned with a few adjustments to make which I have done, but having trouble with the methodolgy. I had written a couple of paragraphs stating that I had looked into the Accounting Function and identified some weaknesses, and then commented on possible solutions for the weaknesses. I then discussed the solutions with the Auditor and it was decided to improve the Supplier payment process as this would be the easiest to improve and would have a significant impact on the department. I then listed the reference documents that I had used and acknoweledged who helped me with the project.

My feedback is that the methodology is on the short side, did I plan to do any cost benefit analysis ( which is in the project), research or business needs analysis and did I plan to make a conclusion. Any advice would be appreciated as I have already exceeded my word count with the amendments as it is!!!

Regards
    Sue

To me this is the most important part of the project its where you investigate the area to find the problems, if you search on the site there is a sample project that goes into details about this
  • Andypandy
    Andypandy Registered Posts: 526 Epic contributor 🐘
    Hi there,
    I was ripping my hair out too, but when I was criteria matching I found there was loads of additional material that needed to be spelt out. Good luck, Andrea.
  • Criggers
    Criggers Registered Posts: 53 Regular contributor ⭐
    To quote the report writing guide from the AAT

"Methodology
    This is how you have planned and prepared the report, it is often called procedures. This should give an overview of the research methods you have used in producing the report.
    You may have designed and used a questionnaire for colleagues or clients.
    You may have monitored a system over a period of time.
    You may have used the internet or books (do not list them here do that in the appendices).
    Acknowledgements can be made here to people who have helped you in the preparation of the report."

Remember, cover the criteria in the portfolio and don't do more than you have to. I used bullet points, you analyse everything in other sections. You do not need to analyse your methods, just simply state what they are.
  • suej
    suej Registered Posts: 26 Regular contributor ⭐
    Thanks for your help, will try and crack it tonight!!

Sue
Privacy Policy