Unit 15 - Cash Management

Options
Kerry0789
Kerry0789 Registered Posts: 2 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
Ive got my Cash Management assignment in January. Just wondering if any one has any help or advice ?

Comments

• lisnic
    lisnic Registered Posts: 141 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    be well prepared in everything as the simulation is very thorough and covers all areas (mine was in oct anyway)

it is not a short simulation i used my whole 3hrs for this one
  • messedup89
    messedup89 Registered Posts: 1,281 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    i used 1hr 1/2. It is very thourough but wasnt as hard as i thought it would be
  • Lyn32
    Lyn32 Registered Posts: 85 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    I was working on it now, to retake again. I wasn't pleased with my tutor last year, she was very excyted on her CIMA result and I don't really understand what she's talking about. To fast, and if we ask her, that we don't get it, she don't care. I attended 2 days classes, and in 4 or 5 days ( I can't remember now) time is our simulation test. I walk out the room.

Now that I had been through on DFS, it all make sence for me.I have lost confidence with this unit but I try hard to focus, I don't want this to let me down again, this time.

I felt studying through distancelearning more resources and my tutor is more supported than going to day release in kaplan.
  • salfordman
    salfordman Registered Posts: 32 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    Unit 15 Simulation

I've got my unit 15 simulation in Feb. Was wondering if anybody would be so kind to email me past simulations they may have along with answers if possible.

Thanks in advance
  • crissy
    crissy Registered Posts: 24 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    Hi

Im distance learning student and I sat unit 15 skill test a couple of months ago, then I had to do some additional work which I did and finally got full competence, so one less to go!
    I have credit control experience but found the test not easy at all and it took me the full 3 hours to finish!!

Im afraid the only simulation I found is the one on the AAT website and the one on the book.

My advice: study!!!!! I havent found any of the skill tests easy at all so I study as much as if it was an exam!

Good luck!

Cris
  • Siwa04
    Siwa04 Registered Posts: 1 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    Unit 15 assestment

Hi,
    I was wondering if someone could help me with one of the question from the assestment regarding: How is the management of cash balance in public sector different from public sector?
    I can't really find the answer in the book Unit 15.

By the way, the assetsment is not very difficult but it took me the whole 3 hours and I didn't have time to think too long. Lots of tasks and writing. They've asked for almost everythink staring from variances, trend, factoring, leasing, all !!! method of financing the investments of the business ending on the ratios, the diffrenece between the profit and cash flow.

Good luck! :-)

Siwa04
  • sdv
    sdv Registered Posts: 585 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Siwa04 wrote: ยป
    Hi,
    I was wondering if someone could help me with one of the question from the assestment regarding: How is the management of cash balance in public sector different from public sector?
    I can't really find the answer in the book Unit 15.

Siwa04

Sandy Hood has posted an excellent answer/article on this topic
  • dobbieobby
    dobbieobby Registered Posts: 231 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Private Sector.
    Companies Act regarding directors Duty Of Care regarding the safeguarding of assets and acting in a reasonable and not reckless manner.

Public Sector.
    Statutory and other regulations govern the management of cash balances.
Privacy Policy