Can AAT accountants certify documents?

Londina
Londina Registered Posts: 814 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
Hi everyone

Maybe this has already been asked, but I couldn't find it with the search.....can AAT accountants certify documents, for example signatures under an ID document saying that you know this person?

Cheers

Comments

• NeilH
    NeilH Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Hi

It all depends on who the third party want to act as a witness. Sometimes if its just to witness a signature any independant person may do, but if it's to verify identity etc there may be stipulations.

Who have you been asked to sign for?

Neil
  • Londina
    Verify that a person is the director of the company to HMRC or banks in order to open bank accounts?...
  • NeilH
    Hi

Either should provide details on who is acceptable to act as verifier.

Neil
  • Londina
    NeilH wrote: ยป
    Hi

Either should provide details on who is acceptable to act as verifier.

Neil

so there is nothing wrong if we certify documents? we can do it and it's up to others if they prefer us or someone else...
  • NeilH
    Hi

Like I said, it depends on who "they" (the other person/body etc) will accept as "certifier". There is no AAT regulation to say you can or can't, as long as you dont falsly represent yourself.

Neil
  • deanshepherd
    deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Most people do not need any 3rd party certification that someone is a director (certainly not HMRC anyway) as this information can be obtained publicly from Companies House, who would be considered a far more reliable source than you or I.
Privacy Policy