Contract for Subcontractor?

Options
SarahS
SarahS Registered Posts: 60 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi

I'm using a local bookkeeper to provide support for some of my bookkeeping work. I feel as if we should formally agree the working relationship with some form of document/contract - does anybody else use these? I'm currently trying to find something to set out the basis but to no avail :-(

Thanks.

Sarah

Comments

• payrollpro
    payrollpro Registered Posts: 427 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Sarah,

I agree with you entirely. Some people wont have theses because they think it binds you to a commitment but I believe the opposite, it prevents any commitment which can be worse when it is implied.

I do consultancy work, sometimes directly, mostly sub contracted so it is unlikely that my contracts will be of any use but we always agree who the sub contracted person is working for, just how much contact they are entitled to with the client, what the rules are for poaching clients (you cant stop it, all you can do is limit the damage) what the standards and formats are, etc.

When things are going well an agreement seems unnecessary, perhaps an imposition but its when things go wrong that they are worth their weight and I would not work with anyone unless there was some form of agreement to determine what is being done, when, for whom and in what way.

You know it makes sense and there must be templates out there somewhere, have you had a word with the members in practice team, I used their partnership agreement and their client contract forms and whilst they needed a lot of amendment, they were an excellent starting point.

Alternatively knock something of your own together, drop it to me and I will let you know what I think, politely of course!

Payrollpro
  • burg
    burg Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,441 mod
    Options
    Hi Sarah,

There is a sample sub contracting contract in the AAT Mip Toolkit.

Alternatively email me and I can send you a copy of it.

ian.morgan@mbsaccountants.co.uk
    Regards,

Burg
Privacy Policy