Exams/Assessments (Distance Learning)

Darron24
Darron24 Registered Posts: 40 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi,

Please could anyone advise on the following..

I am about to decide who to study with for the first stage of the qualification and it seems that different providers have different units. For example the AAT brochure i downloaded tells me that i have to do units 30 & 31 but on the BPP brochure they have 30, 34, 35 & 36 and no mention of 31.PLease could someone confirm whether this is the case or if i am just being stupid!

Also are assessments and CBE's the same thing with different wording or are they 2 different things?

Thanks

Comments

• mini_schnauzer
    mini_schnauzer Registered Posts: 347 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Unit 31 has been replaced by Unit 34, 35 & 36.
    Some training providers still call it Unit 31.
  • ykwong1978
    ykwong1978 Registered Posts: 48 Regular contributor ⭐
    Thats good because I am currently doing Unit 31 with Kaplan
  • sdv
    sdv Registered Posts: 585 Epic contributor 🐘
    Be aware!

From June 2010 AAT Diploma pathway and AAT NVQ route; both come to an end. You will have to acheive level 2 qualifications under new standards.

There will be exemptions and top-ups to complete if a full level is not acheived under current standards.

If you are about to start the AAT qualifications you should make sure that you attempt the units for which you will get exemptions, under the new standards.

For example under the current standards you are requird to do a Health and Safety Unit, but this unit is not adopted under the new standard. It is not required.

The IT unit under the current standard is completly changed under the new standards, you may have to redo this unit again.

go to the aat website and search QCF. It lists all the new qualification details.

good luck.
  • Darron24
    Darron24 Registered Posts: 40 Regular contributor ⭐
    sorry i dont fully understand. the aat brochure says you need 30, 34, 35 & 36 for level 2 and 36 is the health and safety one which you say is not required now. am i looking at an old brochure? plus the diploma in scotland still has unit 31 listed.
  • RichardK
    RichardK Registered Posts: 107 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Darron24 wrote: »
    sorry i dont fully understand. the aat brochure says you need 30, 34, 35 & 36 for level 2 and 36 is the health and safety one which you say is not required now. am i looking at an old brochure? plus the diploma in scotland still has unit 31 listed.

Hi, you will find that you have options within each course. There are various variations on the units to allow you to pass the AAT Technician level overall.

For example. At Technician level, if we passed Cash Management (unit 15) we could drop either BTC (Business Taxation) or PTC (Personal Taxation)

You will need to talk to the provider of the course to discuss your options.
  • sdv
    sdv Registered Posts: 585 Epic contributor 🐘
    Darron24 wrote: »

No you are not looking at an old brochure. It is current as it stands.

You can start AAT at any time and at any level. However, please be aware that if you start before June 2010 you will be woking under the current 2003 standards.

The currenet 2003 standards come to an end on 30/6/2010 and New Standards starts from 1/7/2010.

The New 2010 Standards will replace the NVQ and the Diploma pathway. If you have not fully completed any level from now until June 2011 (1 year later), you will need to transfer your acheivements to the new 2010 standards.

The Unit 36 Health and Safey is completly dropped under the new standard. My suggestions would be not to start Unit 36 until you have acheived all the other units to make sure that you can acheive the study level fully under the 2003 standars, and then progress onto 2010 standards for the next level.

OR why not just do the unints that will easily transfer to new standards and acheive your qualifications under 2010 standards? These will be the latest standards and you will have a lot of advantage in that should you decide to take a break from studying AAT. When you return, there will be no hassle about toping up the Old standards units to the new standard equivalent. Further, the colleges and course provider's will start to gear up to delivering the new standards. You may not want to be in a difficult position where you may have to pay a premium to be able to continute to study under the old standards.

just a thought!
Privacy Policy