I Need YOUR help!

Steve Collings
Steve Collings Registered Posts: 997 Epic contributor 🐘
Hi Guys,

I am trying to raise money for Alder Hey Childrens Hospital as they want to build some "self-sufficient" accommodation to help families whose children are ill and who need to be with them.

My 5 month old niece is currently in Alder Hey waiting heart surgery to close 2 holes in her heart and turn one heart valve into two. The work the doctors, nurses, consultants and surgeons do there is amazing and I am kindly asking those of you who have benefited from my articles, book, seminars and threads over the years to make a donation, no matter how small, just to help these amazing people continue to help the families whose children are seriously ill. The link to make a donation can be found here.

Myself and my family will be eternally grateful to anyone who makes a donation - even if it is just Β£1 - because your will help them make distraught families lives much easier.

Best wishes
Steve

Comments

• MILLY21
    MILLY21 Registered Posts: 59 Regular contributor ⭐
    Hope your niece is well soon.

Great cause, fantastic hospital, happy to support it.

M
  • safrica
    safrica Registered Posts: 106 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Hi Steve,

Done ! I wish your little niece all the best and I agree, hospital staff do an amazing job...!
  • shawn michaels
    shawn michaels Registered Posts: 52 Regular contributor ⭐
    I don't know you Steve or anyone here but either way I've just donated to your just cause. Hope your niece gets better.
  • Steve Collings
    Thank you guys so much! You're all stars!

Best wishes
    Steve
  • Steve Collings
    Thank you all for your PM's and emails about this. I just thought I would let you know that my niece's heart surgery was a complete success. She is currently being weaned off the sedatives which will take a few days because she is only 6 months old so her body is still dependant on it and the docs have said she should be home next week!!

On behalf of all of my family I would like to thank all of you that have made donations to Ronald McDonald House for Alder Hey Childrens Hospital and would also like to thank those of you that have sent me your PM's and emails - they have been brilliant during this particularly difficult time.

I will clear it with AAT Forum admin, but I want to make additional requests when I upload my suggested answers to DFS exams and upload 'mini' articles for donations to this fantastic cause.

Once again, thank you for your support.

Kind regards

Steve
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Thats great news steve all the best to you and your family :)
  • Steve Collings
    Cheers A-vic, and I want to be one of the first to know about your success at DFS next week!! You will pass I am certain - you were very dedicated to your studies during our revision classes.

I'll definitely keep my fingers crossed for you next Monday.

Best wishes
    Steve
  • Glynis
    Glynis Registered Posts: 488 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Steve I read about your niece and I do sympathise as my grandaughter was quite ill when she was born. I did make a donation but it was not a lot but I do thank you for your help this last couple of days. I am not a complete witch!
  • Steve Collings
    Glynis wrote: Β»
    Steve I read about your niece and I do sympathise as my grandaughter was quite ill when she was born. I did make a donation but it was not a lot but I do thank you for your help this last couple of days. I am not a complete witch!

Glynis even if you donated 20p that would be enough to go to make a difference to the families in that complex. It's bad enough going to an adult hospital, but a childrens hospital is pretty unbearable.

Keep calm Glynis, think positive and be thankful for what you have because you never know when things might turn against you - we certainly didn't.

Thank you Glynis.

Best wishes
    Steve
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    That's good to hear Steve
  • lou123
    lou123 Registered Posts: 53 Regular contributor ⭐
    That's such great news Steve, all the best to you and your family.
  • safrica
    safrica Registered Posts: 106 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    So glad to hear your good news Steve,I wish your niece all the best !
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    safrica wrote: Β»
    So glad to hear your good news Steve,I wish your niece all the best !

Great news Steve. I am going onto the website now to make a donation as I have just read your thread.
  • Steve Collings
    Thank you all for your well wishes. They are much appreciated.

Best regards

Steve
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Steve just want to say thanks.. been reading your articles on auditing on Accountancy students and they've really helped me understand the basics of auditing :)!
Privacy Policy