Unit 10 Interview - what to expect?

Options
anniem
anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
Hi folks

OK - so I've done the project and it's all fine.

I've now got 'The Interview' tomorrow, but not a clue what to anticipate.

Will they just talk about my report, or could it be about anything at all?

If it's about my report then I'd better read the whole thing again as I put it on 'hibernate' whilst I took exams!

Annie
FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire

Comments

• taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    hi annie

mine was really easy.

my assessor asked the reasons why i wrote the report about that subject, then other reasons as to why certain aspects were written about. i was then asked how often i would review the chosen update and why.

It was painless, and not worth all the worry.

Hope that helps

Tracy
  • Greycow
    Greycow Registered Posts: 83 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    I agree with Taskey, it was just a basic chat about my project and i was also asked what I had learnt from doing it.

My answer was to trust in my own ability and decisions.

The assessor was really nice,

Let us know how you get on
  • anniem
    Options
    Thank you! I'd better take it to bed with me to refresh my memory.

A x
  • anniem
    Options
    Yippee - I can cross that one off the list now.

It was fine. I had a couple of questions which seemed more DFS than about my project, such as the regulatory bodies overseeing accounting standards, but other than that it was straightforward.

I can now concentrate fully on PEV & PCR which is all I need to do to complete AAT, although I may still do IAP as an extra just for the exemption at ACCA.

I feel another post coming on ..... I think there is an exemption at ACCA if you have done IAP. I elected to take three optional units as I've also done BTC and PTC for the exemptions at ACCA.

Anna
  • messedup89
    messedup89 Registered Posts: 1,281 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    anniem wrote: ยป
    Yippee - I can cross that one off the list now.

It was fine. I had a couple of questions which seemed more DFS than about my project, such as the regulatory bodies overseeing accounting standards, but other than that it was straightforward.

I can now concentrate fully on PEV & PCR which is all I need to do to complete AAT, although I may still do IAP as an extra just for the exemption at ACCA.

I feel another post coming on ..... I think there is an exemption at ACCA if you have done IAP. I elected to take three optional units as I've also done BTC and PTC for the exemptions at ACCA.

Anna

im sitting IAP on friday and going on to ACCA, and im not aware of any exemptions for this?
Privacy Policy