subforums for units

Marga
Marga Registered Posts: 981 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
hi

i think it would be most useful if under each forum in the students area there were subforums in which to talk of an specific unit , ie in foundation , two subforums with unit 30 and unit 31

in intermidiate subforums with unit 6 , unit 5 , unit 32 , etc....

instead to flicking through all the posts?

just an idea

Comments

• MWAUGH1983
    MWAUGH1983 Registered Posts: 420 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    yeah agree 100%!! At uni there was a lecturer who had his own site and he had the units split up seperately - makes it easier and also a lot more professional as it tends to be a mess and i dont mean that to sound disrespectful - just you could be ploughing through pages of irrelevant stuff and it takes time and doesnt really help the studying process.

Martin
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Thats a really good idea :)
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I think that's a good idea too but not sure what you would do with existing posts. It would be quite a job to go through and move everything to new categories. It's a pity no-one thought of it at the time of the last big re-jigging (to use a technical term) of the site a few years ago.

Something I've seen on other forums is the ability to tag posts which would make searching for posts on a specific topic or unit easier. Don't know if the vBulletin software supports this but I wouldn't be surprised.
  • Marga
    Marga Registered Posts: 981 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    well maybe just lets say in foundation have three subforums

Old topics/threads
    UNIT 30 -IAC
    UNIT 31 - Work skills

Or even divided by the route you are doing

NVQ
    vs
    Diploma ....

Old topics can always be collated altoghether in the Miscellaneous forum LOL
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    It doesn't help that there are some who feel they have to open a brand new thread each and every time they want to write something instead of just joining existing threads on the same topics. A good example will be to see how many separate DFS threads are started after this week's sittings.
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    It doesn't help that there are some who feel they have to open a brand new thread each and every time they want to write something instead of just joining existing threads on the same topics. A good example will be to see how many separate DFS threads are started after this week's sittings.

LOL totally agree.

I find it impossible to visit all the PEV threads.

I think it's the 'new' folk that come only at exam time and then back @ results time lol
  • MWAUGH1983
    MWAUGH1983 Registered Posts: 420 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    AK002 wrote: ยป
    LOL totally agree.

I find it impossible to visit all the PEV threads.

I think it's the 'new' folk that come only at exam time and then back @ results time lol

aye the stragglers!!! lol
  • blobbyh
    AK002 wrote: ยป

Ah yes, those who come twice yearly, often posting overly hysterical comments questioning the marital status of the chief examiners parents, how he should be shot, stabbed and bludgeoned because he dared to set something they hadn't learned parrot fashion and previous papers weren't like that, how they went to pieces during the exam, how they've one million percent failed, how they'll abuse regular forum posters, how they'll become almost suicidal for two months only to find out in approx eight weeks time they passed after all, what a relief, now on to the next level etc etc.

Repeat ad nauseum throughout all accountancy qualifications, presumably up to infinity and beyond...
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Yes lol.

Now just imagine if each and every new person created a thread about said exam they sat, and voilร !
  • annefreeman
    annefreeman Registered Posts: 21 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Ah yes, those who come twice yearly, often posting overly hysterical comments questioning the marital status of the chief examiners parents, how he should be shot, stabbed and bludgeoned because he dared to set something they hadn't learned parrot fashion and previous papers weren't like that, how they went to pieces during the exam, how they've one million percent failed, how they'll abuse regular forum posters, how they'll become almost suicidal for two months only to find out in approx eight weeks time they passed after all, what a relief, now on to the next level etc etc.

Repeat ad nauseum throughout all accountancy qualifications, presumably up to infinity and beyond...

Aaaahhh that'll be me then when I fail my skills test and FRS computer based exam next month pmsl :)
  • blobbyh
    Just make sure you open up a minimum of ten new threads with a different, single sentence question for each one. Then repeatedly post your question throughout each of the different forums followed by increasingly desperate demands wanting to know why someone hasn't answered any of them even though they've been only there for all of five minutes. Top it all off with an unhealthy attitude by disregarding all advice you've been given alongside lavish helpings of rudeness to people who've taken the time to respond to your queries even though they didn't have to. Hey you've ignored 'em anyway, so what's to lose by questioning their own abilities and experiences even though they may often be considerable? You're right everyone else is wrong and as long as you hold true to that belief you'll be okay, it's always worked in the past which is why you are where you are today, cool.

Pukka...
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Just make sure you open up a minimum of ten new threads with a different, single sentence question for each one. Then repeatedly post your question throughout each of the different forums followed by increasingly desperate demands wanting to know why someone hasn't answered any of them even though they've been only there for all of five minutes. Top it all off with an unhealthy attitude by disregarding all advice you've been given alongside lavish helpings of rudeness to people who've taken the time to respond to your queries even though they didn't have to. Hey you've ignored 'em anyway, so what's to lose by questioning their own abilities and experiences even though they may often be considerable? You're right everyone else is wrong and as long as you hold true to that belief you'll be okay, it's always worked in the past which is why you are where you are today, cool.

Pukka...
    So that's the way to get my postcount up...

Never thought about it, will try it next time!
    Thanks for the advice Robert :tongue_smilie:
  • blobbyh
    Rinske wrote: ยป
    So that's the way to get my postcount up...

Indeed it is. Just casually post lemming-like on the end of every thread and you'll soon be up there with scouse Mark in the four thousands...
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I shall consider it...

Work vs posting lots of nonsense on the forums.... See work would still win, no matter how boring, I wouldn't keep my job, if I didn't do any work anymore..
Privacy Policy