Ecr cbe

GreenMousey
GreenMousey Registered Posts: 154 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
Hey peoples!

I'm currently studying ECR and looking to do the CBE of it...in a few weeks...or so :)

I was just wondering how every one found it? I passed the CBE for FRA in October and found it a slog, but I've heard that ECR CBE is, well, for want of a better word "evil".

Any information/experience or tips would be greatly received.

Thank you in advance

~Mouse

Comments

• steveJ
    steveJ Registered Posts: 694 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Hey,

Have you done unit 32 - Professional Ethics yet ?

Ive just started it and this is proving to be a slog.

I done my FRA weekend just gone. Didnt find it too bad, but did take me a while to understand that unit. Damn them incomplete records !!!!!!!!
  • GreenMousey
    I'm doing the NVQ route, I've not got that module to do. Just ECR (Sim & exam) and Financial reporting (Sim) to do...I assume you're on the diploma route?

~Mouse
  • messedup89
    messedup89 Registered Posts: 1,281 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    when i did NVQ i had to do:
    ECR sim & exam
    FRA sim & exam
    PRAR sim(think thats what it was called)

And then some health & safety thing and some using computers thing
  • steveJ
    Yeah im doing Diploma.

For this section (intermediate) ive got another exam (ECR) and then 3 skills tests.

Hopefully get all skills tests done this year and hopefully be working towards ECR ready to strat technician next year!
  • GreenMousey
    Yeah, I've done FRA exam and sim, and the reporting thing might be the PRAR you've mention, I don't know it's official title. I've already done Health & Safety and Computering in the foundation level :)
  • steveJ
    I didnt do the computing and health and safety unit in foundation i saved it for intermediate. So got a few bits to get done now!!!

How you finding everything so far?
  • GreenMousey
    You'll be fine with the computing unit & health & safety, it's more a bug bear than hard :(

Costings is starting to hurt my head a little bit, but I think I'm getting there. I was tempted to do the reporting module first as that's just a sim, but thought I was copping out of the ECR & big bad evil exam...

Hoping to get intermediate completed in the first half of this year to move on to Tech as soon as possible, already lined up my Unit 10 project and everything...

How are you finding it?

~Mouse
  • Marga
    Marga Registered Posts: 981 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Hey i actually found ECR very interesting and nice to do ...i liked it a lot ...mind you i studied it in one month and sat the exam in December so not sure if i have passed or not yet but i have to tell you that i did like ECR more than i liked FRA

Hoping to wake up on 16th Feb and see an email that says i have passed Unit 30,6 and 5 so i am completely free to book DFS for june .... i know ....wishful thinking....

Marga
  • GreenMousey
    Good luck to you! I did that with FRA, studied in a month and then did the CBE. I do costings in my job but as usual with these things it's the AAT way not the way we do it so it takes a little longer to sink in!

I much prefered FRA mainly because I understood it first time! :)

~Mouse
  • steveJ
    So ya think it is possible to do ecr with a months revision ? Sounds good already.

Ive just this minute finished reading my professional ethics unit book all the way through making notes and highlighting as i go. Might give it a couple more goings over, send in my practice simulation to my tutor and book up for the real thing in a couple of weeks.

Im finding the course as a whole not too bad at the moment. FRA was bugging me for a little while, but that day came when it finally clicked !!

Marga thatd be the best result ever wouldnt it ?? How are you studying ? Diploma ?
  • ribena1980
    ribena1980 Registered Posts: 1 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Ecr cbe

OH MY GOD I hate ECR. I failed my cbe yesterday but I have written to AAT requesting feed back.

I would strongly recommend that you learn how to work out contribution, Break even, Margin of Safety etc.

Good luck, I hope I havent put you off.
  • steveJ
    OH MY GOD I hate ECR. I failed my cbe yesterday but I have written to AAT requesting feed back.

I would strongly recommend that you learn how to work out contribution, Break even, Margin of Safety etc.

Good luck, I hope I havent put you off.

Cheers Ribena out of now where...Im scared !!! lol...

I will have to see when i finally get round to it....
  • GreenMousey
    Thank you for the information, I'm sorry about your CBE :( hopefully AAT will give you some useful feedback, I'd heard the ECR CBE's were a lot harder than the FRA one which is why I started this tread.

~Mouse
  • Marga
    Marga Registered Posts: 981 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    steveJ wrote: ยป
    So ya think it is possible to do ecr with a months revision ? Sounds good already.

Ive just this minute finished reading my professional ethics unit book all the way through making notes and highlighting as i go. Might give it a couple more goings over, send in my practice simulation to my tutor and book up for the real thing in a couple of weeks.

Im finding the course as a whole not too bad at the moment. FRA was bugging me for a little while, but that day came when it finally clicked !!

Marga thatd be the best result ever wouldnt it ?? How are you studying ? Diploma ?

Hi Steve, doing Diploma pathway :)

I did study and revise Unit 6 in one month so if i have passed it i will be celebrating it BIG TIME LOL!
  • NO BUSINESS CASE
    NO BUSINESS CASE Registered Posts: 85 Regular contributor โญ
    Same here Marga I did ECR in one month (Unit 15 credit control took me longer than anticipated) and have to say really enjoyed it!

Touch and go whether I did enough to pass but won't be too disappointed if I have to resit as ideally would have liked 1 more week to really cram in all the ECR bits and pieces!
Privacy Policy