AAT Distance Learning

gemgems1984
gemgems1984 Registered Posts: 8 New contributor 🐸
I have a couple of Technician units to complete. Does anyone study by distance learning, or know the best place to study with & how much it costs.

Thanks

Comments

• Lou1234
    Lou1234 Registered Posts: 210 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi.

I'm studying Technician by distance learning (completed Foundation and Intermediate via distance learning as well). I am with Premier Training. I've paid for the whole level but you can get the units individually as well. The price on their website seems to be £149 per unit (not including the cost of simulations or the exams).

I've had no problems with Premier Training - they reply to e-mails quickly and work late 2 nights a week if you need to contact them in the evening.

I sit exams at a college in London that accepts external students.
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I'm on Technician Level with Premier too and studied Foundation and Intermediate with them too. I have had no problems with them either. :thumbup1:
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I am studying Technician level with Premier as well and am quite happy with them! No problems here either!
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I didn't do distance learning with Premier but wish I had with the above comments.

Has anybody JUST bought the books and learnt on their own that way, because thats all I ended up doing with 3 units.

I wish I asaved the money, how much do you use the services of Premier?
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I have called them 5 times now so far at most, of which 3 times for unit 10, for technician level only. for the rest, sending in the short tests and getting them back marked helps. the practice exams in the books help, which I sent in to get marked, but I did wonder if I should have just bought the books for PEV/PCR and DFS though.

Still, I haven't got the exam results back from PEV and PCR and I haven't done much for DFS yet, so I might have failed horribly or found out I should have called them more.
  • Lou1234
    Lou1234 Registered Posts: 210 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I've called them once or twice when I got completely stuck on my homework (well, the short test). If I do get stuck, my boss is normally very good with helping me.

It helps me that they set a timetable for their short tests to be returned and I try my hardest to stick to it! I know I could set a timetable myself but I know myself well enough to know I would just keep moving my deadlines!
  • mini_schnauzer
    mini_schnauzer Registered Posts: 347 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I only buy the book for the subject if it is an exam. If its a simulation then I just buy that unit from Kaplan distance learning - around £145 per unit.

So far I have always passed first time (fingers crossed it continues)
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I usually just email with any queries as I find that when they reply it is better for me to print it off and understand it by reading it rather than getting it explained over the phone and then forgetting what they said at a later stage. I also find it helpful when returning Assignments and sending Mock Exams for marking as they give you feedback and advice on where you have gone wrong.
  • anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I think that you can actually do some of the units just with a book, this forum and the AAT website.

A book gives you the basics, the AAT website has loads of past papers and the bods on here are always happy to chip in and help out!

If you've got to do a simulation then obviously you do need to have that assessed, but otherwise .....

Anna
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • CelticStar
    CelticStar Registered Posts: 142 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I took Intermediate level with Premier. They went through a bit of a bad patch two years ago when they didn't seem to have enough tutors, but up until then and after about 9 months where I really wasn't very happy with them, they are now back to being excellent - I have been sitting my skills tests through them.

For Diploma level I've taught myself DFS, MAC, BTC & PTC just by using the Osborne books and tutor packs, past papers & info. on this forum and on the main AAT site. I'm waiting for my MAC results but I passed the others first time, so it is possible if you are ok with working on your own. I am now due start my project and I am just weighing up the pros and cons of the various learning providers before I choose which one to go with.
  • gemgems1984
    gemgems1984 Registered Posts: 8 New contributor 🐸
    Thanks everyone Think i'll contact Premier. Much appreciated :)
Privacy Policy