MAC UNIT 33 Night Mare

umerali2003
umerali2003 Registered Posts: 400 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
I failed Mac 3rd time in a row and thats the only unit holding me to be MAAT i am absolutely gutted and feeling embaraced having all other units passed in 1st go. This single unit wasted my whole one year .. i have thought about it for last 2 days should i carry on for the 4th time or should i put a full stop on AAT. I dont know what its going to take but i am giving another ago unluckily no CBE for MAC this time around so i am getting my self gathered once again for the last push... I even hate big mac burgers now and wont eat one untill i pass this nasty Mac

Comments

• JASMINE1982
    JASMINE1982 Registered Posts: 3 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Same!!!!! I have failed MAC twice and its the only thing looming over me too! I have passed everything else 1st time round, but I just dont seem to get this subject!!!! I find the exam really hard, and they definitely dont give you enough time! They need to give us longer or make the exam easier!!!!
  • sdv
    sdv Registered Posts: 585 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Good News and Bad News

As from July 2010 you can get you AAT Technician/Diploma converted into the new Level 4 qualification.

Staright swap - no top ups or any additional work to be done!

My suggestion is instead of sitting for MAC unit 33, why don't you consider to take CBE exams in Drafting Budgets (unit 9) and Managing Financial performance (Unit 8) in july/august.

2 separate exams, therefore small parts of MAC syllabus to concerntrate on, and get the Results the same day! Can re-sit the exams within a week if you fail.

you will also qualify under the new 2010 standards.- updated qualifications. will have a bigger advantage in a couple of year's time to boast that you have qualified under the current standrads rather then OLD STANDARDS.

incidently the project (currently unit 10) is halved. You only have to do pc.10.2 to complete the project. If anybody out there has not completed the project, there is a definite advantage to convert the existing acheivements into the new 2010 standards and complete your project under that.
  • JASMINE1982
    JASMINE1982 Registered Posts: 3 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Wow, cool thanks for that - I am gonna give MAC one more go in June 3rd time lucky) and if I dont pass then I will definitely be doing the CBE route, might be easier!
  • sdv
    sdv Registered Posts: 585 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Wow, cool thanks for that - I am gonna give MAC one more go in June 3rd time lucky) and if I dont pass then I will definitely be doing the CBE route, might be easier!

Be careful, My understanding is that if you are sitting a paper based exams you may not be able to take CBE. I am not absolutely sure about this but a call to AAT student's support is called for.
Privacy Policy