Unit 10 question

Options
beavis182
beavis182 Registered Posts: 130 Dedicated contributor 🦉
I want to do Unit 10 before exams in June. Im a distance learner with Premier Training but looking at the actual "unit cost" with them its £249.00. The osborne book on the Unit is £18.00??

What other info would i be sent from premier training on the subject to help me complete the project that makes it worth paying £249.00?

I am currently an accounts manager doing sales/purchase ledger so am hoping this unit would be to much of a pain.

Comments

• Lyn32
    Lyn32 Registered Posts: 85 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Hi beavis

I'm doing Unit 10 at kaplan distance learning it cost me £161 with book and everything. I didn't work at all so I request a case study, I have started but I don't know if I cover the criteria, it is very hard than BTC and DFS.

I don't know where to ask for help? If Im doing the right draft this is the hardest part of my study!
  • beavis182
    Options
    what else did you get other than the book? Does it come with plans on how to set out the project etc as i thought that wud be included in the actual Osborne book?
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Remind me, what's Unit 10? Is that the awful management report?
  • beavis182
    Options
    Its the 4000 essay. Managing people and systems
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    beavis182 wrote: »
    Its the 4000 essay. Managing people and systems

Ugh.

I mean, no probs, it's a breeze :D

As I did this through college I can't comment from a wholly knowledgeable standpoint. If it were me , I would buy the text book and see if you feel that is enough before forking out on a course.

The trick is to look at the performance criteria in the portfolio and map that to the answers in the essay. Saying that, my tutor made me revise mine a lot (but I suck at writing reports!)

You can do your essay on either your sales ledger, or PL or both, it's perfect for the report.

Good luck.
  • Lyn32
    Lyn32 Registered Posts: 85 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    beavis182 wrote: »
    what else did you get other than the book? Does it come with plans on how to set out the project etc as i thought that wud be included in the actual Osborne book?

I think so, I have got everything I need "The student pack" , on how your report looks like, the problem though is I don't know how to make this report. I have a draft which is nearly 4000 but I have to print and scan these if make sence though.I drank panadol almost everyday just get out of head ache!
  • mrspnut
    mrspnut Registered Posts: 70 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    The Osborne book is pretty good, it has sample reports in the back which are a big help when you're just staring at a blank word document with no inspiration.

Having the support of a tutor though is vital for editing and advice purposes when it comes to getting to the required standard.

*She says whilst avoiding writing her report*
Privacy Policy