Work Experience

blods
blods Registered Posts: 3 New contributor 🐸
After finally passing all my exams i just needto complete my MSP Project :)

When your applying for full MAAT Status what work experience needs to be submitted??!

My college hasnt mentioned anything about this for Technician Level

Sarah

Comments

• Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I think it should be written in your portfolio somewhere.

IIRC its 1 or 2 years working in an accounting environment, or the part time equivalent.
  • anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    You need one year's full time work experience or the equivalent in part time experience, depending on what percentage of your work is accountancy related.

This also needs to be verified.

If you log into your MyAAT account and start putting your work experience in.

You need - information about your EMPLOYMENT, a REFEREE and and a brief outline of your DUTIES.

I work part time, about 25 hours a week and more than 50% of my work is accounts related. I have submitted work experience for the period 27 November 2007 to 31 May 2009.

On this basis, the AAT calculate that I have 54 qualifying weeks, therefore I am 2 weeks over the 52 required.

As I work for a small company, I asked the Accountant who audited the accounts to verify me.

Also, you can only submit work experience you have gained since you became a student member of the AAT, which is why I couldn't claim experience for work before 27 November.

Hope this helps.

Anna
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
Privacy Policy