Unit 15 CMCC

Options
Miss Dazy
Miss Dazy Registered Posts: 34 Regular contributor โญ
I recently took the skills test for this unit and found alot of the material was not covered in my Osborne text book. Does anyone have any suggestions for alternate texts that may also be useful?

Comments

• Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I recently took the skills test for this unit and found alot of the material was not covered in my Osborne text book. Does anyone have any suggestions for alternate texts that may also be useful?
    I used the same book as well as some online classes from Sandy, however, I'm not sure what parts the Osborne text book didn't cover (apart from the gearing ratios).

*Edit: I just remembered there were a few bits in the skilltest that were not in the actual books, like the profit to cash question I had, but I found them quite doable on the exam, as it was a matter of using the figures you calculated in the answer before. However, it would probably make more sense to study that before taking the test...*

There should be a link on the website with the requirement of the unit, you could use that and compare it. And if you need any specific explanations the forums are great too.

Have you got any specific subjects you would like to know more about now, or is it merely a feeling that the books are incomplete?

As for books, you could take a look at the BPP books or Kaplan books, if you can get them on Amazon or something cheap. However, that means totally new textbooks, I'm not sure if that is what you are after.

Cheers,
    Rinske
  • Primble
    Primble Registered Posts: 734 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Rinske wrote: ยป
    I used the same book as well as some online classes from Sandy, however, I'm not sure what parts the Osborne text book didn't cover (apart from the gearing ratios).

*Edit: I just remembered there were a few bits in the skilltest that were not in the actual books, like the profit to cash question I had, but I found them quite doable on the exam, as it was a matter of using the figures you calculated in the answer before. However, it would probably make more sense to study that before taking the test...*

There should be a link on the website with the requirement of the unit, you could use that and compare it. And if you need any specific explanations the forums are great too.

Have you got any specific subjects you would like to know more about now, or is it merely a feeling that the books are incomplete?

As for books, you could take a look at the BPP books or Kaplan books, if you can get them on Amazon or something cheap. However, that means totally new textbooks, I'm not sure if that is what you are after.

Cheers,
    Rinske

where do you find Sandy's online classes?
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Uhm, they were at some point announced on the website and I signed up. They recorded everything, which I assume will be on the website for reference soon if not already, but I would guess that's under online learning. However I don't know if it's there already or not.
  • Miss Dazy
    Miss Dazy Registered Posts: 34 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    What i'm really after is more practice skills tests/questions based around cash flow statements.
  • reddwarf
    reddwarf Registered Posts: 528 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    The Kaplan book is very thorough (if a littletoo thorough!) if you can get your hands on one?

I have some stuff that may help if you pm me.
Privacy Policy