Free Tuition For Unit 5 FRA Only

cryptolip
cryptolip Registered Posts: 8 New contributor 🐸
Hi Everyone,

I've deciced that from now until the exam sitting in June I will offer free tuition for anyone who is struggling and only for unit 5 FRA. Obviously I can't help everyone if there was a big demand but I will do my best. I will be available between 7pm-9pm Saturday, Sunday. Monday between 1-2pm, Tuesday 11am-12noon, Wed, Thurs, Frid between 1-2pm. My time will be limited to 15 minutes for each call which is at your own expense.

My mobile number for this free service is 07833025333. Please text me first with the problem your having and which past exam paper your doing if any. I will then obtain the paper and or prepare myself so as to help you the most.

Good Luck
Gary

Comments

• taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    thinking this is spam as cryptolip signed in a a new member and posted this

01-03-10, 14:25
    cryptolip

Hi,

Just a quick thankyou for explaining the accounting equation to me and it fits in with everything

Cheers!
    Bi
  • JaffasGirl
    JaffasGirl Registered Posts: 387 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    i did a bit of googling....and although i havent rung this number, there are ones that are mobiles, you press nine and are put on a premium rate phone line. and these only last for fifteen minutes....strange that....
  • cryptolip
    Spam how dare you

Why is it there are a certain few people on here who decide that its spam if someone wants to help? Get your facts right before posting these messages. My offer is genuine.
    Have you ever thought of telephoning me to find out, no you haven't.

I've reported the people concerned ie Rinske etc for this.

Gary
  • taskey
    cryptolip wrote: »
    Why is it there are a certain few people on here who decide that its spam if someone wants to help? Get your facts right before posting these messages. My offer is genuine.

Gary

please report me too, google is a friend of ours on here and your number comes up with a load of other numbers who offer services for 15 minutes at a high rate.
  • cryptolip
    what an idiot you are

my number does not come up anywhere on google your a fool. why dont' you ring and find out?
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️

Gary

You confused me now. First off why you report a number of people (including me) for asking if it's genuine and making some comments.
    Granted the comments aren't the nicest in the world, but you have to admit there are a lot of fakes going around trying to make money on forums like this now a days, so I think it's only natural to be suspicious.

Secondly because of the following quote:
    Hi,

Just a quick thankyou for explaining the accounting equation to me and it fits in with everything

Cheers!
    Bi

This seems like one of the basics of accounting to me and you are now offering tutor support already.

And for the rest, I'm sure you are aware that there are a lot of phonenumbers going around where you get charged lots of money for calling those numbers, so I think anyone should be a bit suspicious before calling those numbers.

I for one am always very limited giving my phone number out to anyone, due to some stalker in the past and I think it's very odd to post your mobile number on a forum, open to be seen by anyone.

I'm not saying you are genuine or not anymore, as I don't know, but I do think people should be careful before randomly calling a mobile number.

Cheers,
    Rinske
  • cryptolip
    Hi,

At last a reasoned response, thanks Rinske. Well as for worrying about giving your phone number out when someone calls me, they can simply use there mobile or land line and dial the appropriate number to withold their number so I wont know it.

I report people because it spoils it for everybody else when a blanket statement is given without a shread of proof. People who may have called and benefited will now be put off.

I'm not worried about giving my mobile number out why would I? I don't subscribe to the victim mentality. I'm sure people have better things to do than bother me with weird phone calls, even if they did they would get bored with it.

Gary
  • Rinske
    Hi Gary,

I am sat at work, so excuse me if I don’t address all the above points. Also please realise none of the below is an attack to you personal, but based on my opinion and experiences.

Personally I don't think that you should have reported people, I think going into a reasoned debate, to show that you are a real person, might make more sense. But that’s just my opinion and I hope we can agree to disagree on this.

About giving out your mobile number, I would just like to warn you that it might not be the best move, however that is up to you. I also wouldn't say it is a victim mentality to not give out too much details. But we are all entitled to our own opinion of course.

One thing I miss here, is that a lot of the concerns expressed were regarding calling the phone number provided and then all of a sudden being charged with a lot of money (1.50 per minute is mentioned). This is something you have not addressed, but I also don’t know how you could address this to everyone’s satisfaction.
    The only way people could find it out is searching on the internet and actually calling the number.

Would you maybe consider posting some background as to why you are offering this service and based on what knowledge you built, so that people might at least feel this risk of calling the number is minimal?

Or could you please keep posting here, so people get to know you a bit better and this would also show some of your knowledge and therefore people would easier decide to call you or not.

Another part of my concern is still the posting on someone’s post thanking them for explaining the accounting equation and then offering tutoring services quite soon after. As the accounting equation to me is the basis of all accounting.

Cheers,
    Rinske
  • Rinske
    I just want to add that if this is genuine that I think it's a very nice thing to do and I do think we should welcome more people on this forum! As far too often we end up with real spammers trying to get people to click on fake links and are just after the money somehow.

We have a few very good tutors here and I would say the more the better.

I am also aware that I am sometimes a very suspicious cow and therefore should tone in a bit...
  • SandyHood
    SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
    Rinske

(And Gary please don't misinterpret this as a criticism)
    We need to be sceptical, we are accountants and our job demands unrerfutable evidence of fact. Until we receive that, we need to be on our guard.

So scepticism is a good attribute for accountants.

Gary, the very best wishes. I know that providing assistance is tough, so you have been most courageous to make your offers.
    One word of caution a lot of students often ask about examiner's answers. They will look at a question, not attempt it, then look at the examiner's answer and try to work backwards.
    From time to time these are wrong so they can get into all sorts of trouble. They may contact you with questions along the lines of: " where did the examiner get.... from?"

It is a shame that they do this, but it is a confidence issue.
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • taskey
    I will apologise for any comments i have made, but i am and always will be very sceptical. It is just part of my make up.

good luck

Tracy
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    my number does not come up anywhere on google your a fool. why dont' you ring and find out?

i think comments like the above makes you even more sceptical and wonder how you will have Patients with a student that just isnt getting what your trying to teach?? will you call them a fool?

I will admit i was like everyone else sceptical (as a child been told you dont get nothing for free in this life) but i thought it might be genuin so left it, but after your responce ouch
  • Marga
    Marga Registered Posts: 981 Epic contributor 🐘
    i believe that saying a post (not a person) is scam or potentially is scam is VERY different to calling names or calling someone an idiot and a fool

I believe the one to apologise should be Gary as the rest just asked for clarification basically
  • Rinske
    SandyHood wrote: »
    Rinske

We need to be sceptical, we are accountants and our job demands unrerfutable evidence of fact. Until we receive that, we need to be on our guard.

So scepticism is a good attribute for accountants.

Sooo I can keep being sceptical, very suspicious, trust noone and all that?

Ok, on a serious note, I agree with you, but I do tend to overdo it sometimes, hence my comment that I should tone in a bit.

I used to be a very open person with a strong interest in other people and a lot of people used that against me or worse. It left me with very little confidence in myself and since I moved to England, I have not told anyone much about myself, which I must admit makes me feel a bit lonely now and then, but it's also nice not to have to be on your guard all the time about someone's intentions.
    However I have this strong tendency not to trust anyone and even though in my work that just means I try to double check anything anyone does (including my own work).

It would be nice to have a bit more confidence and a bit more trust in people now and then, rather than just being suspicious about everyone.
  • Marg22
    Marg22 Registered Posts: 84 Regular contributor ⭐
    It is quite sad what Rinske had to say, but you will protect yourself in the long run. It is like the old saying goes familiarity breeds comtempt.
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    SandyHood wrote: »
    So scepticism is a good attribute for accountants

I agree but so is a hint of prudent optimism as well as an ability to be pragmatic or we'd simply be ignored by most people outside our own departments. It's no good sledge-hammering the senior managers of an organisation with a constant barrage of doom and gloom while not also showing them a silver lining if certain objectives are met. When reporting, I give my MD the worst, mid and best case scenarios with (hopefully) the reality bubbling just above or below the mid point. Does anyone else feel like an accountant outside work, always looking on the worst side with others (civilians or non-accountants) sometimes commenting upon it?

I feel Gary's frustration as it's hard for your well intentioned help to be rejected so bluntly (and let's face it, some of the comments were pretty blunt) no matter how good those other intentions also were for the rejection.
  • JaffasGirl
    JaffasGirl Registered Posts: 387 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi,

Cheers!
    Bi

Sorry, but I thought your name was Garry?
  • sdv
    sdv Registered Posts: 585 Epic contributor 🐘
    Well done Everybody

At last the tide has turned!

we have constructive discussions now;

and agree to disagree with other's opinion(s)

there are some genuine concerns raised by some of the forum users which in hindsight cryptolip should have addressed in the very first posting.

Lesson to learn from this thread.

THINK OF ALL THE POSIBILITIES BEFORE YOU POST!

Are we swaying away from an excellent student's forum where we can ask or offer help without reprisals?
  • anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Did I miss something? Damn!!!
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
Privacy Policy