MAC Nightmares - Failed 3 times,....HELP

Mchagaa
Mchagaa Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
Good Forum members,

All my classmates including myself shall be sitting for MAC for the 4th time. What are we doing so wrong? I cried till today am crying. I mastered all the exam papers and trust you I mastered them all. I have completed and passed all the AAT units including my Project. Its only MAC holding me behind from graduating. I need your help people. Is there anyone who can email me the study kit, revision notes etc just to rescue me from this jungle. I am paying out of my pocket and am getting so frustrated. Please, someone out there, send me something.

Be blessed

Comments

• PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Go over the 3 MAC papers you failed, is there any common things you're getting wrong? Hopefully you can learn from those mistakes and get through the 4th!

Good luck!
  • Andypandy
    Andypandy Registered Posts: 526 Epic contributor 🐘
    Maybe it's a case of nerves, rather than lack of knowledge? There are some free courses advertised on the student section which aim to help this. Best of luck - you'll get there eventually!
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    It's probably not much comfort but the MAC paper is by some distance the hardest of the AAT papers. December's sitting had a pass rate of 62% for UK students and just 35% worldwide (ouch!) and July's rates weren't much better. Personally, I think those figures suggest that they still haven't found the correct level of difficulty for that exam yet.

Anyway, good luck for next time.
  • sdv
    sdv Registered Posts: 585 Epic contributor 🐘
  • umerali2003
    umerali2003 Registered Posts: 400 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    You are not the only one who is struggling ..... it will going 2 be my 4th attempt ... i know its the pain in the neck but some time things goes like that ... check my other thread about the revision course of unit 33 and see if u can make it
  • SandyHood
    SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
    Dear Mchagaa

If you are serious about revising Unit 33 and you have a group of friends who all have the same problem, I could come over and help you revise.

Are you in South Africa? If so my expenses would be a little more than going to London and so I may have to charge a little more, but if there are a lot of students in the same situation that you describe it could be possible.

I had a look at your earlier posting to help find where you are based and came across this. As this was written in November, I guess you had set up your ACCA to follow your AAT (which at the time you had hoped to pass in the December exams).

If I do come over for the MAC revision, I can try to arrange for the UK colleges where ACCA was taught last year using the 2009 books to collect books and send them to you. Very many are often prepared to help. The books may need to be sent by ship and possibly share a container with a commercial user, so there may need to be some transport needed in South Africa to get them to you.

Mchagaa wrote: Β»
    Hi all,

I have just registered for ACCA after completing my AAT. I desperatly need someone to study with, mentor, etc. I could also make use of his/her old text books as I am paying for myself and its a bit costly to buy new books. I could purchase the old books.

I am based in Johannesburg. Please reach me:

Thanking you in advance.
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • SandyHood
    As an additional thought, the increased travel to South Africa for the world cup might be a help especially if more freight is being shipped in from the UK.
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • SandyHood
    Mchagaa

I assume that your lack of response to my offer means that the problems that caused all the crying up to the 12th March, have now gone away and that you are confidently preparing for the June MAC paper.

Excellent.

Sandy
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • deanshepherd
    deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    ..and if anyone in the Bahamas wants a couple of hours tuition in return for flights and accommodation then please do not hesitate to drop me a line!!
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    ..and if anyone in the Bahamas wants a couple of hours tuition in return for flights and accommodation then please do not hesitate to drop me a line!!

So generous Dean!!!
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    I watched "Constantine" last night Dean, and somehow the main character reminds me of you. Is he good, is he evil, is he kinda somewhere in between?
  • deanshepherd
    deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Yes ladies, it's true - I do bear an uncanny resemblance to Keanu Reeves..
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Yes ladies, it's true - I do bear an uncanny resemblance to Keanu Reeves..

Please remember your professional ethics Mr Shepherd, Keanu Reeves doesn't wear lycra and a high vis vest!!!!
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Please remember your professional ethics Mr Shepherd, Keanu Reeves doesn't wear lycra and a high vis vest!!!!

omg just had a picture of Keanu Reeves doing Rab C Nesbits life story in film not pretty
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    In a certain light* I look just like Johnny Depp.

*Pitch black.
  • SandyHood
    JD is brilliant as the mad hatter in Alice in Wonderland
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    JD is brilliant as the mad hatter in Alice in Wonderland

Coming from the man who made poor old Fred Dinenage do a star jump, I can see why you might identify with lunatics...
  • rasbongo
    rasbongo Registered Posts: 6 New contributor 🐸
    I failed all the section June 2008
    I passed section 2 December 2008
    I passed both sections June 2009

I know what you mean, thats a very difficult paper. Look for you to pass it all with confidence, you need not to study it using the past papers only..

1. Past Papers
    2. Read the text book as well. Make sure you overstand each an every unit contained in that text book.
    3. Group discussion are a must, dont isolate yourself and think you can do it alone.

My mother is writing MAC in the form of PEV & PCR, its for the 4th time for her also. I told her not to give up.

Good Luck ba bawame baba Mchagaa

Selah
  • MarkyLFC3004
    MarkyLFC3004 Registered Posts: 4 New contributor 🐸
    Hi not posted on here before was curious to read this thread as I am having problems with MAC failed it twice now and on both occasions it is Section 1 that I have failed.

I like the variances part of the exam, am good at ratios, now good at Flexed Budgets after revising them well due to drawing a blank in the last exam. However I struggle to relate MAC as I dont do that kind of thing in work such as doing things like contribution, marginal/absorption costing and the budgets that appear on every exam, still only got this and the Business Tax to do now nearly there just want this one done and dusted!
Privacy Policy