Ecr cbe

Dipak Thanki
Dipak Thanki Registered Posts: 135 Dedicated contributor 🦉
I am due to resit my ECR CBE in a couple of weeks and was hoping if anybody could give me some advice? I found the practice paper decent and wanted to know what kind of questions, came up for the people who have done the ECR CBE before.

And are they similar questions to the practice one? Like Stock record, coding, re-apportioning etc?

Thanks!

Comments

• GreenMousey
    GreenMousey Registered Posts: 154 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hey,

I took my ECR CBE last Thursday. It's longer than the practice one, but has pretty much the same format. I can't tell you exactly what it asks mainly because I can't remember! But, if you know your stuff you should be fine. There were more short sentence questions than the practice and not as many tables, but I think you get a variation for each one.

Good luck and let us know how you get on! :)

~Mouse x
  • SandyHood
    SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
    GreenMousey
    May I ask you a couple of questions?

1. How much preparation did you need in terms of coping with the on-screen reading and scrolling up and down?

2. Did you need a pad of paper with you throughout the exam for workings that you then copied onto the exam?

As a lecturer, I'm trying to come up with the most useful way to prepare cbe candidates.

Thank you

Sandy
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • GreenMousey
    Hey,

I must admit the CBE is hard on the eyes (Did FRA CBE in October) and ended up with a headache both times after!

They gave me a pad of plain paper and I used a lot of it because there were questions like: What's the prime cost? and there was another one where there was some abnormal gain and I only had the t-account to enter the final figures in, so again, needed the paper a lot.

The scrolling up and down wasn't half as bad on ECR as it was on FRA, FRA I found myself writing the figures down and then scrolling down to the box to ensure I'd got the right figure. ECR wasn't too bad in that case, whether that was because of a change of layout or just because of the questions I don't know.

There was a fair amount of dragging and dropping into t-accounts as well as working out figures to type into them. I actually got a bit confused on one question thinking my working out was incorrect as the options to drag didn't have the answer I did until I realised the drag & drop boxes were actually account codes and I had to manually type in the price...

Hope I've been of some help, let me know if I can tell you anymore :)

Thanks

~Mouse x
  • Dipak Thanki
    ecr cbe

Green Mouse,

In the ECR CBE when you mean short sentence questions, what exactly do you mean like what kind of questions do they ask you?

And did process costing come up at all?

The practice one wasn't too bad, straight forward really.
  • GreenMousey
    The questions were like "What's the cost price?" There was a lot of others, you were given data, did one of the tables and then were asked additional questions about different absorption rates, what the effect that would be.

They went for a LOT of questions on Margin of safety, units, percentage and revenue on a few different "products" as well as having to use the break even formula a few times (For both units and revenue) I think there was a whole page on those kind of "short sentence questions"

Drag and drop words were used in an email I had to send, asked me everything about investment/payback and IRR as well as the usual calculations that are on the practice exam...

~Mouse x
  • SandyHood
    SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
    Thank you
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • Dipak Thanki
    One more question, what came up on section 2 of the cbe? Like did process costing come up at all?
  • GreenMousey
    I can't remember what was in section 1/2 to be honest but I can't really remember any process costing questions, however each person gets a keycode so just because I didn't doesn't mean to say you won't...

Good luck x

~Mouse
Privacy Policy