What exactly are the benefits of the AAT membership?

Londina
Londina Registered Posts: 814 Epic contributor 🐘
I have just received a notification letter for the renewal of the AAT membership...and I would like to not renew this time, I don't see the benefits!

They says to renew for these reasons:
1)enter exams and access results online
2)Exclusive study support
3)Accounting technician magazine
4)Student plus e-newsletter
5)Free revision classes
6)e-learing tools
7)Benefits and discounts through AATAdditions

but:

1) I don't have anymore exams to enter and therefore see results...
2) which exclusive study support they mean? never received any...
3) magazine...it's not that necessary
4) newsletter....not that necessary either...
5) free revision classes?!?! where?? how?? never got any, had to pay £50 each for the last two I attended...
6) which e-learning tool? never accessed any...
7)which are these other benefits and discounts? never received any...

£72 what exactly are worth for?

Comments

• mini_schnauzer
    mini_schnauzer Registered Posts: 347 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I thought you had to renew your AAT membership subs each year so you can continue to use your MAAT status?
  • Londina
    I thought you had to renew your AAT membership subs each year so you can continue to use your MAAT status?

I thought there is a separate membership for that, as you are not anymore a student, but will become a member?
  • Luflux
    Luflux Registered Posts: 52 Regular contributor ⭐
    Do you have any projects or simulations still to do? You will need membership for that. Also, If you have the relevant work experience you can apply online for the provisional MAAT status in which they waiver the admission fee of £45.

or.. are you just building up the relevant work experience?
  • Londina
    Luflux wrote: »
    Do you have any projects or simulations still to do? You will need membership for that. Also, If you have the relevant work experience you can apply online for the provisional MAAT status in which they waiver the admission fee of £45.

or.. are you just building up the relevant work experience?

I still have the project to do (hopefully before the membership expire!) however I already applied for provisional membership and my work experience has been accepted.
  • Luflux
    Luflux Registered Posts: 52 Regular contributor ⭐
    I would expect then you would have to be up-to-date with all membership fees in able to submit your project and ultimately become a full member. At least when you do become a member you can apply for reduced membership if you are planning on progressing your studes (e.g. CIMA, ACA, etc).
Privacy Policy