unit 6

taskey
taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
well seeing as i think i have failed my sim the 2nd time and i am on the NVQ pathway, can i submit evidence or does it have to be a sim?

i have bee looking at the intermediate student record and i think i will have enough evidence to submit, rather than do the sim.

has anyone else done this?

thanks

Tracy

Comments

• Claire321
    Claire321 Registered Posts: 209 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi Tracy,

I have completed my mock sim for Unit 6 and will be taking the actual in April.

I would assume (and may be wrong) that it has to be completed as it shows as an outstanding skills test on my statement of achievement. Does it show as an outstanding unit of yours?

Is there a chance that you may have got over 80% and can do some additional work?
  • taskey
    yes it does show as outstanding, i have failed one and have sent one back unfinished. on the student record it does have a box for 'workplace evidence' and i was just wondering if i could do this instead of another sim, and how easy is it to collect the evidence

tracy
  • SandyHood
    SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
    Taskey
    Few AAT intermediate students have the sort of jobs that require them to do the topics in the ECR standards.
    Even when there have been students in my class with the experience they have opted for the simulation as they saw it as easy compared to collecting evidence.

Are you involved in the topics at work?
    In my experience, production mix and investment appraisal analyses are generally given to staff who have already qualified.

Do you think that you could master a simulation with a bit of help on key topics that you find tricky?
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • taskey
    Thanks Sandy, looking through the student record a bit more in depth, i can get through section 1 but that is about it.

on the sim, i coast through the first few questions but then it all seems to go wrong when asked to do other work on the calculations i have provided, as i am not confident wjth my initial answers, so then i start to panic and my mind goes blank.

on my first sim, i completed it all, felt very good about it, but failed to get the required 80%. so on the 2nd one, i got into such a mess with it, i did not finish it :(

i have been through my unit 6 book time and time again and i am at a complete loss with it. i am thinking of doing unit 7 sim and coming back to this - these are the 2 things which are holding up my certificate.

Thanks

Tracy
  • Beautiful_bobo
    Beautiful_bobo Registered Posts: 106 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi I did my unit 6 skills test last week and I got to the breakeven part and I also went blank and could not think of anything. I would like to think I have done enough or enough to do extra questions. I will find out on the 30th March. I also have the CBA for unit 6 on the 29th March. Then its unit 7. So watch this space.

I have looked at the CBA on the AAT website but I have not completed it yet.
  • SandyHood
    SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
    Taskey
    Switching off from unit 6 and focussing on unit 7 sounds good to me.

When you return to unit 6, if you'd like my help then let me know.
    There may well be a way for me to help by email and phone.
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • taskey
    thanks sandy, once again.

I think if i can pass sim 7 i will be more positive to have another go at sim 6.

Tracy
  • Claire321
    Claire321 Registered Posts: 209 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Unit 7 is definatly easier than unit 6.

Once you have completed Unit 7 you will hopefully be more confident.

When you come back to Unit 6, you could practice lots of mock simulations - I always find practicing help me to understand the topics where I haven't always understood them fully working through the book.
  • Dipak Thanki
    Dipak Thanki Registered Posts: 135 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Unit 6 is ECR right? I thought ECR was only an exam? Can you also do a simulation?
  • taskey
    unit 6 is both, a simulation and an exam on the NVQ route
Privacy Policy