SAGE Backup _Urgent help

vvpbl
vvpbl Registered Posts: 24 New contributor 🐸
Hello

I have SAGE simulation tomorrow. I am trying to backup sage files to an external disc. After doing back up exercise, I am getting the message that the Back up has been successful. But if I try to open the External drive, it contains the blank files with no Back up data.

As I have simulation tomorrow, I am getting worried. Could you please any one of you help to solve this problem. Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards

Comments

• sammyd22
    sammyd22 Registered Posts: 207 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    vvpbl wrote: »
    Hello

I have SAGE simulation tomorrow. I am trying to backup sage files to an external disc. After doing back up exercise, I am getting the message that the Back up has been successful. But if I try to open the External drive, it contains the blank files with no Back up data.

As I have simulation tomorrow, I am getting worried. Could you please any one of you help to solve this problem. Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards

I havent used sage for a while but from what i can remember you have the option of backing up the files on both the hard drive and an external disc. It sound to me like your backing it up to the computers hard drive.

Try again and check you have selected the correct options.

I hope this fix's your problem.
  • sdv
    sdv Registered Posts: 585 Epic contributor 🐘
    Hi

first of all

Use windows explorer to actually see that the file has been backed up where you think you may have backed up.

If you can't find it; use the find facility and search the whole system for the file written in your computer, including any external drives, at today's date.

you may be able to locate where your file has been backed up.

I am also PM a message with my mobile number.

if you need to talk to me I don't you calling me
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    What version of Sage is it?

when I used Line 50 I'd just copy and paste the entire data folder with the data files in it.

Then it was easy to open company and point it to wherever the data files are.
  • vvpbl
    vvpbl Registered Posts: 24 New contributor 🐸
    Hello

Thanks for all your quick replies. I am trying to solve my problem

Regards
Privacy Policy