Writting a letter for sponsorship

messedup89
messedup89 Registered Posts: 1,281 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
Say you wanted to do something like Race for Life to raise money for cancer research but struggled getting much money from friends and family, could you write a letter to companies asking them to sponsor you?

If so how would you word the letter and what sort of companies would you send it to?

Comments

• jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Say you wanted to do something like Race for Life to raise money for cancer research but struggled getting much money from friends and family, could you write a letter to companies asking them to sponsor you?

If so how would you word the letter and what sort of companies would you send it to?

I have done Race for Life twice now and only asked friends and family. I dont think it matters how much you raise you feel good having helped even if it isnt much. I dont think you will get much response from companies as those that give to charities probably have set ones they already give to.
  • messedup89
    messedup89 Registered Posts: 1,281 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    How much did you raise?
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I donated (most of) my hair to the little princess trust in December. Even though it is a good cause, I was surprised to raise ยฃ 170 from colleagues. A lot of them thought it was a great thing to do, while I just thought it was nice, but not really special.

Oke, that was unrelated, but there, I said it anyways!
  • sdv
    sdv Registered Posts: 585 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Lots of Large organisation have something called "Matched Giving"

The company will match the donation given by it's employees.

Does any of your friends work for these organisations?

I know that of the following companys do it

Lloyds tsb
    Powegen
    National Grid

there are more...

try the attached link - it may have names of companies...

http://www.grant-tracker.org/knowledgebase/what-matched-giving
Privacy Policy