BPP vs Kaplan

shawn michaels
shawn michaels Registered Posts: 52 Regular contributor ⭐
Which one would you use for CIMA study ??

Comments

• SandyHood
    SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
    I'd recommend Chichester College
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • Rachey
    Rachey Registered Posts: 589 Epic contributor 🐘
    SandyHood wrote: »

I'd agree with Sandy, the local colleges are usually the best. Chichester may be out of your area but it's worth looking at local colleges/universities too.
  • Greycow
    Greycow Registered Posts: 83 Regular contributor ⭐
    I used BPP for AAT, and did buy a couple of Kaplan books to helpl with extr questions and much preferred BPP. Have bought the books for Operational Level at CIMA from BPP and they look as good and I was expecting. I cannot use local colleges due to work and family commitments.

Hope this helps
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I used BPP but would have been happy going to either, I don't think it will matter which one you use as long as you put in the extra work that they ask of you.
  • shawn michaels
    SandyHood wrote: »

If a university near my workplace offers to study CIMA then would you take college based study over professional school study ? Correct me if I'm wrong but when a University representive visited my AAT class a while back selling ACCA and CIMA programmes, I gathered they ran their own assessments and exams up to the the final stages of assessment. So now I've got options but unsure which one to take ?
  • SandyHood
    SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
    At Chichester we prepare candidates for the ACCA and CIMA exams. This way our candidates have no doubt that they have passed the same exams that the majority took.

There have been universities and colleges where ACCA provide a licence for them to set and mark exams internally. Three of our ex-AAT students went to another college to go on to ACCA a few years ago. At that time I taught paper 2.4 on ACCA, and these students gave me a distinct impression that our students sat a noticeably harder paper in this unit than they had sat.
    But, when these students progressed onto the final level 3.1 etc exams they found it a much more noticeable step-up than our own ACCA students.

If this experience is general, then you can expect the level of difficulty in the final papers to be similar irrespective of the route you take. But a route where you take ACCAs papers all the way through is a steady increase in difficulty whereas the internal paper route is a gentler increase to start followed by a steeper increase later.

I hope that makes sense. It is full of ifs based on a small sample of students and my own interpretation. It may vary between universities.

At Chichester CIMA is on Wednesday evenings and Friday afternoons (two separate exam courses) and ACCA is Thursday afternoon and evenings.
    Our courses are taught well and the pass rates are high.
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    2.4 - I hated that paper!
  • shawn michaels
    Thanks Sandy. Thats very useful advice.
Privacy Policy