Bored Bored Bored

Jimmyboy1888
Jimmyboy1888 Registered Posts: 32 Regular contributor ⭐
Is it just me or, is this whole AAT thing incredibly difficult.
Trying to study DFS and it's just not happening.
How many hours (a day) do you think we should be putting into revision for the June exams ? I have PEV, DFS and the 2 tax exams.

Comments

• SandyHood
    SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
    But it is a worthwhile qualification
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • CrazySexyCool
    CrazySexyCool Registered Posts: 52 Regular contributor ⭐
    How are you studying? I'm with Kaplan and I felt like that after I had worked through all the chapters. Now that I'm on the practice questions I'm feeling more confident but like you I'm struggling to know how much time I should put in. It would be a lot easier if I had a 9-5 job!
  • Jimmyboy1888
    Study one day a week at college. Work 9-5 so, find it difficult to revise afterwards. Just doesn't seem like anything is sinking in and only a couple of months to go ! Just keep going at the past papers I guess.
    Cheers
    J
  • Lou1234
    Lou1234 Registered Posts: 210 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I work 9.30-5.30 and get home at 7 and I'm doing home study. It is hard getting the motivation to study after working all day. I get in at 7 and have dinner and chill out until 8. Then study 8-9. I try and do that most evenings and more at the weekend. I work better when I study for small chunks of about an hour each time.

At the weekend I study for an hour then do something else for 15-30 mins then do another hour of studying!
  • Jimmyboy1888
    Cheers Lou. How many hours of study do you do at the weekend then ?
  • Lou1234
    Not as much as I should be doing to be honest!

If I am in then I probably do about 3-4 hours. I probably don't do as much as others but I'll overload myself if I do hours and hours in one day! Then I'll put myself off!

I've had a guest staying with me for over a week and they have now gone so from this afternoon I'm getting back to it! Exams are quickly approaching!

Luchtime is another time some people use to study. I personally need my hour to switch my brain off but could that be an option for you?
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    college mondays then 7.30 till 5.00 work tuesday to friday (make up hours at college) 2 to 3 hours every day during the week and all day saturday and sunday but well worth it to think i could be qualified after june exams as sandy says.

The best of luck to everyone :)
  • Lou1234
    Wow A-Vic - you manage to get a lot of studying done each working day!
  • Esme
    Esme Registered Posts: 711 Epic contributor 🐘
    I work 8-5 every day. I try to do an hrs coursework whilst at work (lunchtimes) and an hour at home. I then do at most a couple of hours on Sat and Sun. My brain seems to switch off if I try for anymore.

I'd recommend going to the AAT revison days for your exams, they are really hellpful.
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Lou1234 wrote: »
    Wow A-Vic - you manage to get a lot of studying done each working day!

Am a very slow learner and dont sleep much these days
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I try to study at least a couple of hours each day but only do weekends nearer exam times (such as the next 8 weeks) I took the whole week off last week and finding it really hard to get motivated this week. I think I have forgotten everything I learnt before. I amnt even on past exam papers yet. Dont know if everyone else is at that stage yet but now I am really worried about upcoming exams (DFS in particular)
  • Lou1234
    I forgot that I also try and read my study book while on the tube to work and sometimes on the way home a few times a week (depending on how tired I am!). I commute for over an hour each way so might as well make use of the time!
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Is it just me or, is this whole AAT thing incredibly difficult.
    Trying to study DFS and it's just not happening.
    How many hours (a day) do you think we should be putting into revision for the June exams ? I have PEV, DFS and the 2 tax exams.

That's a lot in one week. I am struggling with two! Are you working full-time as well?
  • Jimmyboy1888
    jewels.p wrote: »
    That's a lot in one week. I am struggling with two! Are you working full-time as well?
    Hiya. Yes, I work full time. Have actually taken today off, to try to re-familiarise myself with everything, after the Easter break (college tomorrow). Finding it well hard to motivate myself. I'm struggling with DFS too ! Hoping to get a basic understanding by the end of today. What other subject have you got ?
  • SandyHood
    SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
    I've a PEV revision day on May 1st near the East Midlands airport if you find this subject needs a bit of extra help.

East Midlands can connect to Aberdeen and to Newquay for people who are not living in Derby or Nottingham.
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • salfordman
    salfordman Registered Posts: 32 Regular contributor ⭐
    oh nooo

OMG - you all seem to do a lot more studying than me.

I work full time, 7:30am till 3:30pm. At college all day on Wednesdays. I just do homework set, sometimes, not all the time.

For all my previous exams, I usually take 2/3 weeks off and study each day from 7am till 7pm, usually 6 hours for one unit and 6 hours for another unit.

I know its madness, but I just leave things to the last minute.

Back at college this week after Easter and I am going to study a little each week for my PCR exam as that's all I have left to do. I have also completed my first draft of the AAT report and it has been handed in.

I'm getting organised this year and not leaving things to the last minute cos i'm getting Married !!!
Privacy Policy