Technician CBE?

Lou1234
Lou1234 Registered Posts: 210 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
Hi all.

I'm sorry if this has been discussed before but does anyone know if CBEs are going to start for the Technician level anytime soon (or anytime at all)?

Louise

Comments

• SandyHood
    SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
    I'll be at the AAT lecturer conference tomorrow and Friday and will know more then.
    I think they will all be CBE when the new academic year starts
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • Lou1234
    Lou1234 Registered Posts: 210 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Thanks Sandy.

It will be very useful to know as I'm feeling the pressure of only having 3 more exam sessions before the new standards come in!
  • Dipak Thanki
    Dipak Thanki Registered Posts: 135 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    I also heard that it starts in 2011? Not sure if it's true or not!
  • JaffasGirl
    JaffasGirl Registered Posts: 387 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    From what I've found out from BPP, CBE will become the norm for any NEW students starting from July - no matter what level.

However, I'm not sure whether they will give the option for anyone part way through, they will almost certainly be available for those starting level 4, but the new regulations are set out into different units (go on BPPs website if you would like to have a look) and may cover things you have already been examined on in one exam but there is new stuff also.
  • GreenMousey
    GreenMousey Registered Posts: 154 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Spoke to my learning provider about it yesterday and the CBE's on technician level will only apply to those taking the new standards. Anyone still on the 2003 standards must do the written exams.
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Spoke to my learning provider about it yesterday and the CBE's on technician level will only apply to those taking the new standards. Anyone still on the 2003 standards must do the written exams.

Our tutor on monday said that any with outstanding exams from july will have to do them by CBE
  • GreenMousey
    GreenMousey Registered Posts: 154 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    A-Vic wrote: ยป
    Our tutor on monday said that any with outstanding exams from july will have to do them by CBE

Yes, but those will be at the new standards and therefore there would be other work to complete with them changing everything around. My provider said I had until July to complete my 2003 standards otherwise I would have to do a lot of the work again to fit in with the new ones.
  • A-Vic
    i mean in our class we have 2 exams in dipolma to do and if any fail we have to do CBE as the college is then going by the new standards and not having written exams
  • pirate
    pirate Registered Posts: 469 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    CBEs

Hi there

today is the last day for entry into June 2010 exams.
    Curious as to whether anyone got any further with investigations into whether this current syllabus will be tested via CBE.

Personnally I doubt it as they would put work into something which may be irrelevant in the new syllabus.

But taking a CBE on demand is so much more practical than having on 2 sitting a year.
  • A-Vic
    Hi there

today is the last day for entry into June 2010 exams.
    Curious as to whether anyone got any further with investigations into whether this current syllabus will be tested via CBE.

Personnally I doubt it as they would put work into something which may be irrelevant in the new syllabus.

But taking a CBE on demand is so much more practical than having on 2 sitting a year.

if you look on the aat site there is a notice saying the exam deadline has been extended till the 7th
Privacy Policy