depressing

Options
No.1
No.1 Registered Posts: 23 New contributor 🐸
I am currently studying AAT level 4, with two final exams in June. I have full time job in production for last 6 years, I have tried hundreds of time, they said to me no work experience.
I am 41 this year and I would like to go to higher education, can anyone give me some suggestions?

Many thanks.

Comments

• anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that you've having such a struggle with them.

I'm 41 and, also have two exams left to take in June, so we've got a couple of points in common.

I work on a large farming estate with let properties; keeping farm accounts and that sort of thing.

I had been thinking of doing ACCA, but the fact that you can't set up to as an MIP whilst you are studying and for 3 years after has made me change my mind.

At the moment I can set up as MIP as soon as I pass my last two exams, as I have already submitted all my work experience and half of the next process (can't remember what it's called at the moment).

I'm going to keep going with my current (flexible) job and trying to build up a few clients. I also plan to study ATT (Association of Tax Technicians) to continue to build on my knowledge. I think I can be an MIP and study ATT!

It sounds to me like you are struggling to fulfill the work experience criteria for AAT at the moment. Is this the case?

You talk of higher education, what sort of thing did you have in mind?

What do you want to do ultimately?

I think you need to answer the last question first and work back from there to establish how you achieve your goal.

Anna
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • No.1
    No.1 Registered Posts: 23 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Hi Anna, go to higher education, it is too expensive for me now, because my son will go to uni this year, at least 6-7 years, he wants be a doctor. I have to work full time to support him.
    However, I am thinking about study ACA or ATT or CIMA after AAT. I am not sure which one suits me.
    I have five years business experience when I was in Africa about 7 years ago, I do self-assement form nearly four years , do they take these into account as I have work experience?

Could you please give me some advice?

Many thanks.
Privacy Policy