Last week for exam entry

anniem
anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
Well, I've just taken the plunge; despite the fact that after nearly 2 weeks of waiting I still haven't heard from the lady at BPP Southampton about what 'special help' I'm eligible for post-operative hip replacement.

Sorry if I keep going on about it, but at the moment it's quite a big deal in my life - with small children, living in the middle of nowhere being unable to drive, in an upside down house and a husband who can just about tell the difference between the washing machine and tumble drier (we won't even talk about the possibility of using the washing line), living on crutches for 3 months is a hastle I don't particularly relish!

I'll have to walk around for 10 minutes in every hour for 6 weeks post surgery - so I think I'm going to feel a bit of a twerp in the exam and am really anxious not to upset or distract other sitters.

Anyway, don't forget that you need to register for exams by 5pm on Friday 30th April, else it isn't going to happen until December!
FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire

Comments

• Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    I hope it all goes fine and you will be able to sit the exams there, have a nice walk every hour and manage to pass!
    I forgot which exam you are doing though, sorry.

Wasn't there a college in Salisbury as well? Or do they not take external students or is it not possible to get there?

Sorry, I know you already signed up, so it doesn't matter anymore, but good on you and good luck!

I am sure you will do fine, as long as they allow you to walk around a little!
  • anniem
    I sat my December exams in Salisbury, but they aren't listed on the exam site anymore!

Taking PEV & PCR this time, and now really need to pull my finger out studying, problem is that I've been doing all my racing around whilst I'm still mobile. I figure that I'll have plenty of time sitting still to study after the operation on 4th May.
  • Beautiful_bobo
    Beautiful_bobo Registered Posts: 106 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Hi Annie

You won't be alone as I have my hip replacement the end of May beginning of June so we will be on crutches together. Having been there before I know what to expect. I am actually quite looking forward to the 6+ weeks of work. Especially after the last 6 weeks at work when I have had to do everything in the accounts department whilst my boss has been and still is sunning himself in Australia.

Good Luck
    Jennie
    x
  • Rinske
    Well, I won't see you there then, as I got the DFS in Southampton, but that's on a different date.

Hopefully both you two have a succesful operation and don't have to go anywhere near a hospital for a very long time (apart from the check ups maybe).
  • anniem
    Hi Annie

You won't be alone as I have my hip replacement the end of May beginning of June so we will be on crutches together. Having been there before I know what to expect. I am actually quite looking forward to the 6+ weeks of work. Especially after the last 6 weeks at work when I have had to do everything in the accounts department whilst my boss has been and still is sunning himself in Australia.

Good Luck
    Jennie
    x

Thanks Jennie, I'm only taking 4 days off work, Tuesday operation, Wed-Fri in hospital and plan is back to work on Monday!

They know the score, I'll do what I can to the best of my ability, they'll just have to make all the coffees, as I won't even be able to carry a mug of coffee and hop on crutches!

I'm an optomist, but still figure that I can take my exams as I'll be able to sit and study at home rather than doing laundry, cooking, bathing and dressing toddlers,etc!!!!!
  • anniem
    Rinske wrote: Β»
    Well, I won't see you there then, as I got the DFS in Southampton, but that's on a different date.

Rinske, are you catching the train from Bournemouth, or driving?

I'll catch the train from West Dean, perhaps I'll come down and meet you after your DFS exam, we could go for coffee. I'll be easy to find as I'll be on crutches! :lol:
  • Rinske
    I'll be going by train. It sounds like a good plan, but we could also do it on the Wednesday, to save you the travel for one day? Not sure how well you travel yet on those days!
  • anniem
    Which day is DFS?
  • Rinske
    Thursday's.

I did have a look at your exam dates, but as I only got the Wednesday and Thursday planned off for now.
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Hope this works
  • anniem
    Is your exam morning or afternoon? My problem at the moment is that I don't know if I'm going to be allowed extra time to allow for my little walkabouts, so don't have an 'end time' at the mo.
  • anniem
    Thanks Vic!

Rinske - how about we meet for lunch on Thursday, after your DFS?
  • Rinske
    Sure sounds good to me!

Do you want to meet in the BBP area or rather somewhere nearby?
  • anniem
    Sure sounds good to me!

Do you want to meet in the BBP area or rather somewhere nearby?

I think we'd better meet somewhere public for our first date darling ..... you know all the advice! I might be some perv.:lol: !!!!!
  • Rinske
    Ooh yes, I'm a very pervy girl! :lol:
  • anniem
    I plan to pop down within the next week and see exactly where BPP is, to avoid unnecessary walking on exam days. I'll find somewhere not to far to hop for lunch too. I know that there is a TGI Friday not far, but uncertain of exact logistics at the moment. We can always review nearer the time.

Have you been to BPP Southampton before?
  • Rinske
    Last December I went there for PEV and PCR.

I had major issues trying to find it the first day. I planned to have an hour spare time to find it and it took me over 45 minutes in the end. It was not even 3 minutes walking from the trainstation in the end, I must have asked over 10 people and none knew it and got send in all wrong directions. I was about to give up when I finally accidentally found it!

When you walk out of the station (the side where there are no busses) you see the taxi stand. Across the road is a building block with a few small shops on the side and I think it is all offices upstairs. If you walk passed those and then take the corner to the left and then just follow the road (no crossing involved) till you see a little bank office (I don't remember which one) on your left side and walk to that one, just a few meters further that way is the entrance! I think there might also be a shortcut, but I'm not sure and I didn't try it out.

I don't remember what shops or places are nearby though, the weather wasn't all that great, so I was just happy to get back home on both days.
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Last December I went there for PEV and PCR.

I had major issues trying to find it the first day. I planned to have an hour spare time to find it and it took me over 45 minutes in the end. It was not even 3 minutes walking from the train station in the end, I must have asked over 10 people and none knew it and got send in all wrong directions. I was about to give up when I finally accidentally found it!

I had a similar experience when I sat PTC. The college, in it's wisdom, had decided to hold exams on a different site, apparently there had been complaints about noise on the main campus and they thought it would be quieter. The new site was somewhere in the middle of nowhere in a neck of the woods completely unfamiliar to me and a fair way further to drive. To add to the fun, the clutch in my car had started playing up and I decided to hire a car to be on the safe side. It was a good job I decided to have a drive down the day before to make sure I knew where I was going, it took my around an hour up and down some narrow and winding country roads in an unfamiliar car to find the bloody place (being a man obviously I didn't ask for directions).

The college hasn't held exams there since.
  • anniem
    Yeah but you expect that in Cornwall - it's all long windy roads and always takes twice as long to get anywhere as you anticipate!!!!!
Privacy Policy