Unit 10 - Evidence

s.jenni
s.jenni Registered Posts: 10 New contributor 🐸
I have finished my report and now need to map to the standards. I am alright with the paragraph numbers but I am unsure what to put in the evidence column. I contacted my training provider but their reply wasn't very clear. Do you have to attach a piece of evidence for each item?

eg. The overview of the organisation's business and it's critical external relationships. Do I need to attach a copy of my companies brochure as evidence that what I have written in my report is correct or is the fact that I have written about it my evidence and do I just write 'report' in the evidence column.

I am doing the diploma pathway not NVQ.

Many Thanks

Comments

• sdv
    sdv Registered Posts: 585 Epic contributor 🐘
    s.jenni wrote: »
    I have finished my report and now need to map to the standards. I am alright with the paragraph numbers but I am unsure what to put in the evidence column.

All you are required to put in the evidence column is where that PC/KU/RS is covered. You may have covered that PC and the evidence of it may be in the Appendix of your project. In that case write the Appendix number and and what page is that appendix is.

If the claim of covering the required PC is in the main body of project, then wrte project and state the paragraph number it is on and on which page number of your project can it be found.

see the example below
  • s.jenni
    Many Thanks for your reply and very clear answer sdv.
  • bambilicious
    bambilicious Registered Posts: 43 Regular contributor ⭐
    sorry just a follow on from this question - do you have to label every line in your project with a number?? Or do you have to write a paragraph number next to each paragraph?? At the moment i just have the report and I also need to map it - i now understand how to map it, but not sure I understand how to identify paragraph numbers clearly.
  • sdv
    sdv Registered Posts: 585 Epic contributor 🐘
    do you have to label every line in your project with a number?? Or do you have to write a paragraph number next to each paragraph?

No you do not have to number every line of your project. If you do, you report will not look professional.

You may want to number the paragraphs in your your report by sections. eg section 1 paragraphs will be numbered 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 and so on, for every section

The way I numbered the paragraphes my project report was to hightlight the whole project work, and click on the paragrapgh numbering icon. In word 2007 you will find it on Home tab under paragraph section. I ended up with approx 50 paragraphs and it was easier to reference it on the mapping document.

Hope this helps.
  • bambilicious
    bambilicious Registered Posts: 43 Regular contributor ⭐
    oh right thats a big help - many thanks, i will try that when i get home. x
  • s.jenni
    An update to this post

I have just had my report returned by my training provider because writing report as evidence isn't enough. You need to write a short summary sentence saying what you are showing the assessor.

I hope this information is helpful to others.
Privacy Policy