Excel Help

salfordman
salfordman Registered Posts: 32 Regular contributor ⭐
I have created a form in excel for providers to complete using various formuals and have locked the spreadsheet so they can only change certain cells. Its quite complicated so i have completed a pdf step by step guide document.

Can some one please let me know how I can embed the document into a certain unlocked cell, so when it is emailed to someone, they can still open the pdf even if they have not got the document on the computer

Or if you have any other ideas how I would get around this.

I am able to embed the document, but then I lock the spreadsheet the document will not open, even when I have unlocked the cell its in.

I have tried a hyperlink and that will not open on another pc.

If anyone can help, it would be very much appreciated.

Comments

• sdv
    sdv Registered Posts: 585 Epic contributor 🐘
    Could you not leave the cell where you have anchored your pdf file unlocked? that might work.
  • Bookworm55
    Bookworm55 Registered Posts: 479 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    salfordman wrote: »
    Can some one please let me know how I can embed the document into a certain unlocked cell, so when it is emailed to someone, they can still open the pdf even if they have not got the document on the computer

This is probably a silly question, but why can't you send the pdf instructions as a separate file in the e-mail?

Or put the pdf on a central server and direct people to it?
  • salfordman
    salfordman Registered Posts: 32 Regular contributor ⭐
    I will try unlocking the cell, fingers crossed that will work!!

Basically, I am trying to put everything on the form, as then when the form is sent out to people we fund to complete forecasts / actual expenditure, they will have the guidance notes to hand, hence have no excuse to say oh I thought we could spend the money here, I thought we didn't have to do that, I've lost the guidance notes etc etc.

From previous experience, for the people I deal with its best to send information in one document.

If its not possible I will end up sending the pdf in the same email.
Privacy Policy