light at the end of the tunnel. . .

kerryhill100
kerryhill100 Registered Posts: 121 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
Hi,

Please can someone tell me theres light at the end of the tunnel been doing unit 5 and for some reason seem to have hit a brick wall, It justg doesn't seem to be sinking in.

I cant see myself progressing any further at the moment

Comments

• anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Don't panic, we all have moments like this. I'm struggling with Units 8/9 at the moment too.

Have a look on the AAT website; log in and then in Study Zone click onto the Intermediate, then go through the Unit 5 study material online.

Work you way through the pages and as you go you'll have some question pages and as you go through those it'll help you see where you're struggling and maybe give you a boost when you get things right.

Review your work method and if you're getting 'blinded' by a chapter in a book then you can also go and try and tackle an activity or question, using your book to help you work through the answers.

I find some of the books very waffly and struggle to concentrate but do find that by working on questions and figuring it out for myself helps.

Chin up - we really have all been there/or are there now!!!!!!
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • *Jo
    *Jo Registered Posts: 509 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    I found the e learning really useful on unit 5 and 6.

Also googling stuff I didnt understand worked as it gave me different explanations of things to what was in my textbooks.

At some point it will suddenly click and you will feel all great and motivated again.

Keep at it :)
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Hey Kerry

Your not the first and wont be the last to feel that way we have all been through it and going through it just stick to your studies and it will click trust me on third year and still get overwhelmed as the signiture says
  • Rachey
    Rachey Registered Posts: 589 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    *Jo wrote: ยป

Also googling stuff I didnt understand worked as it gave me different explanations of things to what was in my textbooks.

At some point it will suddenly click and you will feel all great and motivated again.

Me too!!! Whichever is FRA out of those units, the e-learning really helped me!!!
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I think when its nearing exam times we are all like this. I am doing DFS and PTC in June and am finding it hard to get time to study just now as we are so busy at work. When I do study I feel like I am taking nothing in but am trying to keep going. I keep being told it will all be worth it in the end but sometimes it doesnt feel like it. I agree with an earlier comment that when something does eventually click it gives you a great boost and gets you motivated again!

Good Luck to everyone studying for June!
  • kerryhill100
    thank you so much for all your advice!.

I'm thinking of moving on to doing a different unit for a confidence boost.

I have sat the skills test for unit 32 already. can all the other units be done independantly?

I have units 5, 6 and 15 to do.
  • steveJ
    steveJ Registered Posts: 694 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Hey Kerry,

Ive been feeling like this for the last couple of months. Ive been fine so far, working through unit 30 passed, moved onto FRA, passed fine, but now working on professional ethics unit32 which i have to say has been the most boring unit so far...It is great for an all round understanding regarding ethics, but when it comes to answering the simulations i find it soooooooo boring/tiring !!
    Handed my first simulation in to my tutor, he said that i had passed but wanted me to do the second one in the osbourne book!!! Just finishing that one now and hopefully can get this unit out of the way within the next couple of weeks.

Just stick to it...I had trouble with Unit 5 and for about 2-3 months didnt really understand what was going on (especially with incomplete records!!), but i kept at it and booked up the cbe...which i passed. Have you tried the Frank Woods books yet ? They gave me a bit of a different take on some problems which gave me a different and easier point of view to understand.

Just keep going at it

GOOD LUCK
  • kerryhill100
    *Jo wrote: ยป

For some reason I had no idea about the e learning!!!

Found it this morning and I think it is really going to help!

thank you!
  • jewels.p
    steveJ wrote: ยป
    Hey Kerry,

Ive been feeling like this for the last couple of months. Ive been fine so far, working through unit 30 passed, moved onto FRA, passed fine, but now working on professional ethics unit32 which i have to say has been the most boring unit so far...It is great for an all round understanding regarding ethics, but when it comes to answering the simulations i find it soooooooo boring/tiring !!
    Handed my first simulation in to my tutor, he said that i had passed but wanted me to do the second one in the osbourne book!!! Just finishing that one now and hopefully can get this unit out of the way within the next couple of weeks.

Just stick to it...I had trouble with Unit 5 and for about 2-3 months didnt really understand what was going on (especially with incomplete records!!), but i kept at it and booked up the cbe...which i passed. Have you tried the Frank Woods books yet ? They gave me a bit of a different take on some problems which gave me a different and easier point of view to understand.

Just keep going at it

GOOD LUCK

Hey Steve,

You think Professional Ethics is boring wait till you have to learn the Standards for DFS!
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    you know whats dead funny i spent a lifetime trying to learn the standards and the one that came up i didnt know and made a total hash of and i know i didnt receive any point for it but still passed
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Heh, that happened to me too.
  • jewels.p
    A-Vic wrote: ยป
    you know whats dead funny i spent a lifetime trying to learn the standards and the one that came up i didnt know and made a total hash of and i know i didnt receive any point for it but still passed

Don't think I'll bother then......................just kidding I am trying..............well sort of its so bloody boring it aint going in!:lol:
Privacy Policy