DFS Article - Revenue Recognition

Steve Collings
Steve Collings Registered Posts: 997 Epic contributor 🐘
Hi All,

For those of you studying DFS, there has been an article published on my firm's website which I think is relevant to those of you studying DFS because it talks about revenue recognition (IAS 18). This sort of article could be relevant where the examiner asks you a discursive style question. It is primarily concerned with UK GAAP, as opposed to INT, but the concepts are extremely similar and contain illustrations.

Hope it helps and have a good bank holiday weekend.

Kind regards

Steve.

Comments

• Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Ooh more articles to read! Thanks Steve, hope you got a nice holiday weekend too!

Are you counting down to your actual holiday yet?
  • Steve Collings
    Rinske wrote: Β»
    Ooh more articles to read! Thanks Steve, hope you got a nice holiday weekend too!

Are you counting down to your actual holiday yet?

I plan to have a relaxing weekend if nothing else!! The first half of the year is always an extremely busy time for me, but this year has been particularly busy hence my cutting down on lectures which I am a bit miffed about, but sometimes these things happen.

I certainly am counting the days to my holiday!! Though as soon as I come back, I'm back on a plane to South Africa to lecture some university students on auditing, so I might need another holiday after that (though I think I'll be pushing my luck LOL!!!)

Hope the studying's going well.

Best wishes
    Steve
  • Glynis
    Glynis Registered Posts: 488 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    [QUOTE=Steve Collings;196144)

I certainly am counting the days to my holiday!! Though as soon as I come back, I'm back on a plane to South Africa to lecture some university students on auditing,[/QUOTE]

But can't do a course in the UK because its not viable. Surely it would cost more to do an audit course in africa than it would over here?
  • Steve Collings
    Glynis wrote: Β»
    But can't do a course in the UK because its not viable. Surely it would cost more to do an audit course in africa than it would over here?

That's just how the cookie crumbles sometimes.

Believe it or not, demand for audit courses is more prevalent in South Africa than it is over here where the market is saturated with audit course providers such as Kaplan/BPP where I will continue to recommend you look into if you are going to sit your ACCA F8 in June as I can guarantee they will be doing revision courses.

Glynis, I have reputable contacts at Kaplan and BPP who will definitely be able to send you some details of their F8 courses so please PM me your email address and I will arrange that for you.

Kind regards

Steve
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Maybe you could stay a bit longer in South Africa to have a bit of holiday before coming back to the UK?

It does sound like it could be fun! But it also sounds like a really busy time. :lol:
  • Glynis
    Steve

I am going to look at LSBF as they seem cheaper than kaplan and BPP. I must say that its not only me that has expressed how disappointed about your lack of courses but it is you that's losing out at the end of the day. You should review your tactick.
  • katsutlieff
    katsutlieff Registered Posts: 459 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Glynis, deep breath and let it go
  • jow774
    jow774 Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Steve, your patience knows no bounds!
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Unbelievable, I would really recommend not biting the hand that feeds but advice seems to go unheeded on here!
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Steve

I am going to look at LSBF as they seem cheaper than kaplan and BPP. I must say that its not only me that has expressed how disappointed about your lack of courses but it is you that's losing out at the end of the day. You should review your tactick.

Lol!!! Oh my!
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Glynis if you spent as much time studying as you did complaining you wouldnt need any tutoring.

Steve enjoy and have you room in suitcase for one more :lol:
  • Rachey
    Rachey Registered Posts: 589 Epic contributor 🐘
    Glynis,

Please view:

http://195.11.5.143/acca/papers/f8/revision.html

http://www.accarevision.co.uk/f8-revision/

and i certainly recommend this one, it gives the revision courses available throughout the whole of the country.

http://www.accaglobal.com/documents/revisioncoursejune2010.pdf
  • Glynis
    Thank you Rachey for those links. They are really helpful.
  • Julia
    Julia Registered Posts: 78 Regular contributor ⭐
    Glynis I am a tutor at BPP and teach F8. We are teaching the revision phase at the minute so don't think you will be able to enrol but you should check out your local centres. I know you say cost is an issue but its well worth the money.

If you need revision for June 10 exams you need to get enrolled on a course ASAP because all reputable providers get booked up.

if steve isn't doing the courses you need please do not have a go at him! He is extremely helpful and will have very good reasons for not running courses. You should take steve's advice rather than shoot him down in flames when he tells you things you don't want to hear.

I wish you well with your studies.

Julia
    BPP
  • Londina
    Londina Registered Posts: 814 Epic contributor 🐘
    Steve

hahhahahahhahah OMG I can't believe it!!! again!!!!
  • Steve Collings
    Ok, please can I ask (with all due respect) that this thread does not turn into a slanging match please - especially so near to exam time when students need all the help they can get. It can be somewhat offputting.

The aim of this thread was to highlight an article that is relevant to DFS students, so can we keep it to that please?

Kind regards.
    Steve
Privacy Policy