New job started this week.....

rachy1975
rachy1975 Registered Posts: 366 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
Just thought i'd share my happiness with you all about my new job i started this week..
I was very lucky in successfully applying for a job as a trainee accountant at a large motorbike company. The management accountant is retiring in a few years (3years 4 months as he happily reminded everyone today) and he will be training me up to replace him.
I started this week and everybody in the office is so nice and they have been really helpful and friendly. The ages all vary from early 20's to 60's, one of the ladies opposite me has been there since she left school which was 24 years ago, which shows along with quite a few other people who have been there many years this is going to be a nice place to work.

I started the AAT in Sept 2008 on a fast track course after deciding to take a year off of work and a change in career, I completed the foundation in 12 weeks and intermediate in 18, then have gone on to technician level this year with my final exams in June. I have no accounts experince and was finding it very very difficult to gain employment due to my lack of experince. I saw this job advertised and wasnt even going to apply for it as I thought i'd have no chance, but 2 interviews later they rang me to say I got the job!!!
I just thought i'd share this with you guys out there as some of you have helped me so much in these forums with my queries and towards the exams -CJC, Blobby, Avic, Taskey, Farmergiles are to name but a few and to show others not to give up.
thankyou all
Rach

Comments

• farmergiles
    farmergiles Registered Posts: 1,693 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Congratulations on getting your new position
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Congratulations on your new job!
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Congrates Rach good luck on exams :)
  • steveJ
    steveJ Registered Posts: 694 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Nice on Rach,

I bet thats put ya mind at rest!!
    Finally putting to use the skills that youve been learning.
  • anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Well done Rachy! Enjoy! Does the Coca Cola man visit??? I want a Coca Cola man where I work - could do with some eye candy!

A x
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Well done rachey

And Annie, with you on that one, i have a 62 year old man as a boss and is defo not eye candy

Tracy
  • safrica
    safrica Registered Posts: 106 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Congrats Rachey ! seems like you have found a nice place to work!
  • PAMDILL
    PAMDILL Registered Posts: 721 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    anniem wrote: ยป
    Well done Rachy! Enjoy! Does the Coca Cola man visit??? I want a Coca Cola man where I work - could do with some eye candy!

A x
    I would settle for any visitors at all who are not trying to sell me something.

Been feeling sorry for myself stuck out in the wilds on my own again after finally getting used to having some company in the building for the first time in over 10 years.
  • rachy1975
    rachy1975 Registered Posts: 366 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Thanks guys...no coca cola man im afraid just quite alot of bikers everyday and hundreds of fast new gleaming motor bikes!!!
Privacy Policy