Vat on pool table income

debbie.med2
debbie.med2 Registered Posts: 3 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
Hi all

Took over bookkeeping for a rugby club and not sure whether the income from games machines, pool tables, raffles, busters, meat draws etc are subject to vat. Can anyone tell me yes or no?

thanks
debbie

Comments

• farmergiles
    farmergiles Registered Posts: 1,693 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Hi all

Took over bookkeeping for a rugby club and not sure whether the income from games machines, pool tables, raffles, busters, meat draws etc are subject to vat. Can anyone tell me yes or no?

thanks
    debbie

Do they own the equipment themselves or is it rented? Normally, if it is rented, the company that owns the equip sorts out the vat and the payment to the club is after vat as been accounted for. This is normally shown on the printout supplied by the machine owners.
    Not sure about the raffles etc, haven't been involved with them
  • sdv
    sdv Registered Posts: 585 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Hi all

Normally Yes

Cetrainly when I worked for a leisure company, all the income from fruit machines and pool tables were treated as Vatbale.

see this link to answer all your questions and more.

However, there is an an interesting development on fruit machines on which the above link may be out of date.

VAT on Fruit Machines

I tried to see the following documents on HMRC website, but unfortunatley the website is currently down so I could not access these documents.

You may want to look them up:

Notice 701/45

document RCB 75/09
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I do a couple of pubs and they are charged VAT on Machine rentals but also charge VAT on the income less rental ( i mean on the profit)
  • debbie.med2
    debbie.med2 Registered Posts: 3 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    vat on pool table income

Thanks to all who replied. Those links where a great help.

debbie
Privacy Policy