Sage Difference

CMS
CMS Registered Posts: 21 New contributor 🐸
We are doing our year end but when we print out the trial balance the creditors control account on the TB does not match the printout of the creditors control account. We cannot work out why. Has anyone ever had the same problem and if so how did you fix it?

Thanks
CMS

Comments

• Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    The simplest explanation could be that someone has journalled directly to the Control account. Have a look to see if there are any journal entries.
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    CMS wrote: »
    We are doing our year end but when we print out the trial balance the creditors control account on the TB does not match the printout of the creditors control account. We cannot work out why. Has anyone ever had the same problem and if so how did you fix it?

Thanks
    CMS

Do you mean the aged creditors doesn't match or the cc control nominal doesn't match?
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    CMS wrote: »

Thanks
    CMS

Make sure the report you do is a "retrospective" one.

Check the bank reconciliation is right ie dates & amounts correct.

Lastly, as mentioned, if a journal has gone to the control account this will throw it out. So check for any journals.
  • qwerty
    qwerty Registered Posts: 82 Regular contributor ⭐
    I had a similar problem last year with a client of ours and it turned out to be allocated payments on account which were causing the problem.

The easiest way to check if this is likely to be the case is to run an aged creditors listing, including all future transactions and payments. The balance on this listing should equal the current balance on sage - if so below should help find the difference.

Try and discover which month the POA(s) took place in (run monthly TBs and aged listings to see which month the difference appears in).

Once you have the month run a report to list all payments on account for that month. Check each of the POAs against the invoices they have been allocated against (a quick first check is to see if any POAs are for the same amount as the difference between TB and aged listing).

If any of the invoice which POAs are allocated against are after the period end, the POA will not show up on the aged listing, but the control account balance on the TB will still be reduced.

Took me a long time to sort this out as when I had this problem there were a few incorrectly allocated POAs!!!
  • CMS
    CMS Registered Posts: 21 New contributor 🐸
    Thanks for your help. I had a feeling it was to do with the posting on account. Seems sage doesnt like it. I will work on finding the difference.

Thanks again to you all.

CMS
Privacy Policy