ACCA Forum?

troy
troy Registered Posts: 275 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
Hi All,

Does anyone know of a good ACCA Forum? Whilst doing my AAT I was always on here, people are always chatting and friendly, and they often gave me a good laugh!!! :)

I would now like to go on to an ACCA site, where people may actually talk sometimes????

Comments

• mini_schnauzer
    mini_schnauzer Registered Posts: 347 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    I thought the same. I'm going onto do ACCA if I pass MAC and PTC exams this week, and having a look on the forum it seems a bit boring...
  • Andypandy
    Andypandy Registered Posts: 526 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    There's the accountancystudents forum.
  • anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    http://www.accountancystudents.co.uk/discussion/

This is the link!

I think you'll find it hard to beat this forum though ;)
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • troy
    troy Registered Posts: 275 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Lol. I am already with student accountant, but they are a bit dull! I think it may be true about accountants being boring! :)

On here, the moment people finish their exams everyone is here discussing them! And laughing/comiserating with each other.

But thanks guys!
  • Steve Collings
    Steve Collings Registered Posts: 997 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    I'm not dull!!! :(

Only joking - the AccountancyStudents forum is predominantly ACCA but we do cater for the whole spectrum of qualifications.

Even if you don't participate in the discussion forums, it is always a good source of information (especially as they have an expert financial reporting and audit technical writer!!!!)

Regards

Steve
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Who is the expert writer? :lol:

Well, I agree it's hard to beat these forums, but you got to give it to him, Steve has his own forums, and still comes here to help us!

Now does that mean Steve thinks his forums are boring or that he just likes us a lot?
  • Steve Collings
    Of course I like you all a lot!!

The AccountancyStudents forums are all predominantly ACCA because the actual ACCA forums are not that good. The AAT boards are excellent so we tend not to get very many AAT visitors.

Kind regards

Steve
  • Rinske
    Aww, Steve, I was just teasing you!

Do you know if there is a specific reason, why the ACCA forums are not so good?
  • Steve Collings
    I have heard that they are very highly moderated (which is off-putting). When I registered a few years ago I got completely bombarded with emails so I deactivated my account.

I don't mind helping the students, but they were a bit "full on"!
  • Primble
    Primble Registered Posts: 734 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    I have heard that they are very highly moderated (which is off-putting). When I registered a few years ago I got completely bombarded with emails so I deactivated my account.

I don't mind helping the students, but they were a bit "full on"!

and you dont get bombarded on here? lol FAO Steve!!!!!!
  • Rinske
    Clearly, we got to start more threads and send more private messages!
  • anniem
    I'm not dull!!!

Only joking - the AccountancyStudents forum is predominantly ACCA but we do cater for the whole spectrum of qualifications.

Even if you don't participate in the discussion forums, it is always a good source of information (especially as they have an expert financial reporting and audit technical writer!!!!)

Regards

Steve

We know you're not dull!

Maybe a little bit boastful on occasions - see above - .... :lol: .... but we still love ya ..... and we truly value all your help and opinions on different issues.

Always there - a real brick - Thankyou XXX
  • Steve Collings
    He he!!

I was only joking - I'm not a boastful person at all!

Regards
    Steve
  • anniem
    Rinske wrote: ยป
    Clearly, we got to start more threads and send more private messages!

It's been pretty much a full time job keeping up with what's going on here recently - they'll have to start contributing to my broadband if I spend much more time here!
  • anniem
    He he!!

I was only joking - I'm not a boastful person at all!

Regards
    Steve

I know. I was editing as you posted to ensure that I didn't cause offence!
  • Rinske
    So true :lol:

I sat at work today, supposedly all busy, trying to catch up with all kinds of things, instead I ended up reading the forums...

Was the better option anyways, after getting up at 5 and studying before work, as I couldn't keep my attention to my work anyways.
  • anniem
    Rinske

I think it's really hard when you've got all week to sweat about an exam that doesn't happen until Thursday!

Look forward to catching up with you then flower xxx

PS. How was 'awkward one' at work today??? and did you fill in a form for that London job yet???
  • Rinske
    anniem wrote: ยป
    Rinske

I think it's really hard when you've got all week to sweat about an exam that doesn't happen until Thursday!

Look forward to catching up with you then flower xxx

PS. How was 'awkward one' at work today??? and did you fill in a form for that London job yet???
    Awkward one was back at not bothering me, as I was not important enough and my purchase ledger colleague was back. She was however strongly annoyed with the fact my manager told her that she did something wrong last week and when my manager was in a meeting, she tried to trick me in discussing my manager with her (didn't work).
    On a side note to that.
    Silly enough the other purchase ledger colleague has now been told he has to train new staff members up on purchasing, authorising and other stuff to do with purchasing in the company and is highly annoyed about this. Of course he decided that I would be williing to listen to his rant about how that is not part of his job and how stupid it is that he wasn't even asked if he wanted to do it.
    So all in all, not the best day at work and I was very glad when I went home!

Our payroll manager (managing her own alone) at work is leaving as well at the end of August, with my payroll background my manager is expecting me to apply and gave me a heads up that she is leaving. Is it weird that I don't want to go back in payroll full time now?

Unfortunately I haven't filled in a form yet, need to send in a resume and working on improving it before sending it in... Need to update my current work experience a bit more, as a lot has changed in my job lately. I just wish they had updated my job title already.
Privacy Policy