FRA exam

catheriner3482
catheriner3482 Registered Posts: 41 Regular contributor โญ
hey,
how did everyone find the FRA paper based exam today?

Comments

• slugbug
    slugbug Registered Posts: 10 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Hard
  • jayne.pope@irml.net
    jayne.pope@irml.net Registered Posts: 15 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    I thought it was okay. I was expecting an extended trial balance with disposals (which was my weakest point) but thankfully this didn't come up at all.

My TB balanced first time (which may be more luck than skill)!!

I was concerned that I seemed to finish first (3.45) and am now beating myself up and wondering whether I missed the plot completely.

Oh well only 8 weeks to wait!!! Roll on CBE.
  • catheriner3482
    catheriner3482 Registered Posts: 41 Regular contributor โญ
    i seem to think it went ok too, pretty happy with my disposal and tricky adjustments. but then i came out of my exam and chatted to someone else and we had totally different answeres to things! now i'm stressing i totally screw up! i got my trial balance to balance too but unsure if the figure was correct. plus i also got a nice number to work with from the P&L net profit too. just want to know if my figures are right.
  • donnas1977
    donnas1977 Registered Posts: 182 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Jayne, weren't you offered the option of doing FRA by CBE. I am doing mines that way tomorrow.
  • jayne.pope@irml.net
    Hi Donnas - unfortunately I am studuying with HLC and they don't yet offer CBE. Although I have since found out that if I wanted to I could approach a college and pay for this in addition to my course fees. Hopefully I will get a pass but if not I will definately look into this.

Good luck tomorrow. From what I hear the CBE papers change daily so hopefully yours will be as kind as the paper based one today!

J
  • donnas1977
    ah, i am doing this through Kaplan. Yeah, I heard that every cbe exam is different.

I cant say i am looking forward to it, more I want it out the way now ! Am sure you will have done fine :)
  • jayne.pope@irml.net
    I'm thinking of using Kaplan for the next level. How do you find them?

HLC are overpriced and rubbish (even though my employer is paying it still annoys me that they charge so much more and to be honest I have never used the tutor support as you just wait so long for an answer). I have also supplemented my course material with the Kaplan books which I found very well written.
  • donnas1977
    Yeah I found Kaplan ok, I am doing evening classes which i find helps keep me on track. I did IAC with them as well. Not sure what they are like for distance learning though.
  • jenny3549
    jenny3549 Registered Posts: 472 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    I'm thinking of using Kaplan for the next level. How do you find them?

HLC are overpriced and rubbish (even though my employer is paying it still annoys me that they charge so much more and to be honest I have never used the tutor support as you just wait so long for an answer). I have also supplemented my course material with the Kaplan books which I found very well written.

I'm with HLC too and couldn't agree more!!! Definitely not doing the next level with them. I also bought the Kaplan books for FRA and ECR and they really helped. Do you get the feeling from their forum that there are hardly any students doing intermediate - they all seem to be level 2.

Kaplan do distance learning also and level 4 is ยฃ705 - a big difference to HLC!
  • jayne.pope@irml.net
    Hi Jenny - yes I agree the whole forum seems to be unit 30. I used HLC for Unit 30 and didn't find them too bad but then again I didn't really need the tutor support for that level it was only as I approached the end of Unit 5 I needed some support and to be honest have mainly used this forum and found most of the help I needed there.

I will definately consider Kaplan for the next level.

Good luck with your studies.

J
  • taylor30
    taylor30 Registered Posts: 5 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Kaplan

I've done Certificate and Intemediate with Kaplan and I've found it really good, not to mention cheaper than HLC. The tutor support is great when you need it.
Privacy Policy