Sage Help!!

bigmuggsy
bigmuggsy Registered Posts: 92 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi

Got a client who uses Sage but has entered incorrect info, would appreciate anyone who has knowledge of Sage out there to help me out with the following errors;

Problem 1;

Customer A

Payment of £63.25 entered twice on different dates therefore Cust A account shows o/s balance of £183.48 when it should be £246.75

Customer B

Payment of £63.25 received but used Cust A account to reconcile.

Bank has been reconciled. What are the journals?

Problem 2;

Credit card account won't balance.

£3018.46 (debit) has been entered as a correction when it shouldn't have been included at all and £483.52 (credit) has been entered twice.

By removing these via corrections it will effect the bank reconciliation.

What journals needs to be entered here?

Many thanks to all, I have worked out what I think the journals are but would like someone whose has more experience to clarify.

Cheers.

Comments

• Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Problem 1;

Customer A

Payment of £63.25 entered twice on different dates therefore Cust A account shows o/s balance of £183.48 when it should be £246.75

Customer B

Payment of £63.25 received but used Cust A account to reconcile.

Bank has been reconciled. What are the journals?

Assuming I've followed this ok, try just moving (through Maintenance) the second payment on Cust A (assuming this was Cust B's money) from A to B. This shouldn't affect the bank rec. Take a backup before you try it just in case.

Gimme a min to work out problem 2! :lol:
    If that doesn't work come back and I'll talk you through the long winded version.
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    bigmuggsy wrote: »
    Problem 2;

Credit card account won't balance.

£3018.46 (debit) has been entered as a correction when it shouldn't have been included at all and £483.52 (credit) has been entered twice.

By removing these via corrections it will effect the bank reconciliation.

If they are in there wrongly, why have they been bank reconciled? Surely the bank rec would have picked up they were wrong and then they should be left unreconciled?

If they have been wrongly reconciled, I think you'll need to work out how the bank rec has worked and the fix won't just be removing the erroneous transactions but working out what should be in their place.

In theory you can find the other side of each misposted transactions and just do a journal to reverse.
  • bigmuggsy
    bigmuggsy Registered Posts: 92 Regular contributor ⭐
    Many thanks for taking the time to help, much appreciated.
Privacy Policy