Payroll charges

Boodidle
Boodidle Registered Posts: 15 New contributor 🐸
Can someone advise as to how much to charge for processing payroll monthly and weekly please? I am charging £3.50 for weekly at the moment and I'm constantly having to chase for information.

Thanks

Comments

• A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Here we charge per payslip per employee per week/month then fixed charge for P35 P45 ect -

Also brought in this next accounting year bouns charges fixed cost if have to re-done a payroll due to incorrect information as well as reprinting of payslips
  • deanshepherd
    deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    £240 flat fee plus £1 per payslip..
  • paulb
    paulb Registered Posts: 26 Regular contributor ⭐
    £10/mth or £5/wk for up to 5 employees.
    £20/mth or £10/wk for more 5+ employees
  • Boodidle
    Boodidle Registered Posts: 15 New contributor 🐸
    Thanks for the information I apologise for late reply had flu!
  • Kanatkins
    Kanatkins Registered Posts: 11 New contributor 🐸
    Can someone give me more a more upto date idea of what to charge for payroll - some of these posts are quite old.
    I do a weekly payroll for 5/6 people with payslips. Her last bookkeeper was charging only £15 per month, but this seems ever so low!! Thankyou
  • Rachel
    Rachel Registered Posts: 348 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I thought 31 March 2010 relatively up to date!
  • burg
    burg Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,441 mod
    I also thought it was fairly up to date, prices don't change that regularly. I don't offer payroll as a service but do offer it to go alongside accounts and tax work.

I do two directors basic salaries for free but I would charge £15 per month for 3 monthly employees with fixed salary so I would say it's on the the low side. If they have varying hours then even more so.

I only have one that is weekly which is more like 55 employees so not really comparable.
    Regards,

Burg
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Per payroll run, up to 5 payslips, between £10 and £20 depending on where you look. That's what I found out last time I was looking.
  • Caspar
    Caspar Registered Posts: 12 New contributor 🐸
    Hi
    I think that prices depend on what part of the country you are in. I find it no problem charging the following fees:
    £15.00 per week (for a weekly payroll), which works out at £65 per month by standing order, for up to 10 employees.
    £30 - £35 per month for a monthly payroll only (for up to 10 employees).

I also charge a separate £80 for processing the P35.

These prices include phone calls, chasing and any amendments, and I have been happy with the fee. Rather than charging less then adding up the extra time each month.
    (I am based in the North West).

If someone came to me with just 2 or 3 employees though, I would probably charge them £7 per week for this. The minimum I would charge for 1 would be £3.50. As you have to take into account your stationery costs, envelopes and postage etc.

Kind Regards
    Caspar
Privacy Policy