Suggested Answers for ECR and FRA?

jenny3549
jenny3549 Registered Posts: 472 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Hi,

Am fairly new on here but have been reading a few of the other posts and it seems that two particularly lovely guys called Steve and Sandy have often put up suggested answers after the exams. Does anyone know if they do these for intermediate or if it is just for technician?

Thanks.

Jenny

Comments

• basil
    basil Registered Posts: 33 Regular contributor ⭐
    question papers available now

they put on the system the june question papers thinking-006.GIF
  • SandyHood
    SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
    Yes
    I'll do ECR
    Please bear with me I don't expect to have them ready until Thurs next week
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • jenny3549
    Sandy - you're a star! From what I read in other posts you are a bit of a guru on here and have been of immense help to other students. I'm so glad I discovered the forum, albeit a little late. I'm sure I'll be asking for your advice in the future.

Thanks again,

Jenny
  • ali the hero
    ali the hero Registered Posts: 14 New contributor 🐸
    this is what i got for FRA task 1.4, i hope its right

1200 (prepayment b/f)
    2000 (accrual)
    12400 (payments from bank)
    (1350) ( 3 months prepayment- 5400/12*3)

£14250 ??

im not saying this is the actual answer im just saying what i got and is it right?
    thank you
  • jenny3549
    I can't remember the exact figure I put but I think that's what I had. You've done it the right way based on those figures so I would say yes!
  • ali the hero
    ali the hero Registered Posts: 14 New contributor 🐸
    thanks, and i sure hope so
  • snowmarauder
    snowmarauder Registered Posts: 99 Regular contributor ⭐
    Thats what I got, got the paper now, so going to have another go tomorrow, and Sandy you are a star, thank you for all the help you have given over the last 2 years. With you and my lecturers I will fly like a bird. Roll on 16 Aug xx
  • WorkingMum
    WorkingMum Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    PLB too?

Hello all - I'm new on here.

Would there be time to have a quick look at the PLB paper too?
    I think I might have a nervous breakdown if I keep stewing over it until August. ;-)

I found task 2.1c very misleading. Were we supposed to include the difference in the petty cash tin in the top up amount? Difficult to know when no clear indication has been given as to what was the cause.
  • snowmarauder
    I got confused then, we are on about level 3 FRA, hee hee, When i read your comment on petty cash, I thought to myself, what petty cash. I will have a look at the paper and tell you my opinion if you would like me too. Took PLB last year, couldnt balance trial, so put sus acc and passed. Good times xx
  • snowmarauder
    Om your PLB unit 3 question, you just take your petty cash balance + the differance as the amount required to make the cash available back to the imprest amount. the actual physical cash is 120, so that would make them both balance the same. the next job then in real life is where did the 7.95 go. and where is your receipt or has something been recorded wrongly.
  • WorkingMum
    WorkingMum Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    Thanks for your help.

Oh dear - I didn't include the £7.95 difference in the top up amount as I figured that it may have been caused by something as simple as the petty cash tin not being counted correctly...in which case it would be found when a re-count is done. We hadn't come across this scenario in our classes so I didn't know what was normally done. In the 'real world' I would have investigated to find the exact cause of the difference before deciding on how much to put back into the tin.

My trial balance was all ok, so fingers crossed that I may still have passed.
  • speckled_00
    speckled_00 Registered Posts: 21 New contributor 🐸
    Does anyone know if the FRA Exam has been completed with suggested answers?
  • jenny3549
    sdv did a great job for us, if you have a look at the second page of questions in this section it should be the top one.

Sorry, can't figure out how to attach a thread, bit technologically behind!
  • SandyHood
    SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
    Ecr j10

I have had a few requests, but had not posted on here that my attempt at the [size=+1]ECR J10[/size] is now available.
    My out of office rule picks up any incoming email with [size=+1]ECR J10[/size] in the subject line and replies with an email where my attempt is attached as a word document.
    My apologies for not posting this as soon as it was available.

Email me: and put [size=+1]ECR J10[/size] in the subject line
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • jenny3549
    Fantastic - thanks Sandy. Have made a donation to the charity (what an easy to use page for it).

Thanks again,

Jenny
Privacy Policy