Urgent C.V Help

A-Vic
A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
Hi All

If possible i need some help updating my current C.V. I had a quick coversation with an agency and this is what they asked for Please update CV - Volume and Values but what they need am not 100% sure.

I know they asked me to concentrate on my current duties here is what is showing at present:-

Any ideas would be great and thanks in advance.

Vic

Comments

• truecockney
    truecockney Registered Posts: 94 Regular contributor ⭐
    Hi Vic,

With volume...
    1) How many people are you payrolling (weekly and monthly)?
    2) How many invoices being processed (both in Sales and Purchase ledgers)
    3) Only sterling bank reconciliations or are there foreign currency accounts that you reconcile as well?

With value...
    1) Monthly sales figures processed (will give them some indication whether your role is large volume, small value... or the other extreme!)

Hope that helps!
  • A-Vic
    Thanks True cockney that helps a lot :)

How would you lay this out within the CV?
  • truecockney
    truecockney Registered Posts: 94 Regular contributor ⭐
    Myself, I'd bullet-point all the tasks you do with volume and values in box brackets ("[]") afterwards.

Either that or explain saying something along the lines of "payroll and all associated paperwork (including end of year) for 24 weekly/monthly employees" and "monthly sales invoicing of £100,000 (approx 100 invoices)".
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I personally wouldn't put this into my own CV, preferring to let any interested user ask me to qualify it separately. By all means provide this info to the agency if they've requested it but don't necessarily modify your 'template' CV as this request has pros and cons.

If an agency wishes to crop and edit your CV to suit their own purposes as is their usual want (which is the reason why CV's should be sent in either in Word or some other editable format rather than pdf's, people!) then let them do it themselves.
  • A-Vic
    blobbyh wrote: »
    I personally wouldn't put this into my own CV, preferring to let any interested user ask me to qualify it separately. By all means provide this info to the agency if they've requested it but don't necessarily modify your 'template' CV as this request has pros and cons.

If an agency wishes to crop and edit your CV to suit their own purposes as is their usual want (which is the reason why CV's should be sent in either in Word or some other editable format rather than pdf's, people!) then let them do it themselves.

Thanks Robert thats what i got a little confused by as they did ask me to do this and that they would adjust accordingly, however i can understand as this is for an agency on the otherside of the country and an interview would be near on an impossiblity for now. I am signed on with the agency here but not there. This way i suppose they get a more detailed insight in what i can and cannot do.
Privacy Policy