P11d company cars

MILLY21
MILLY21 Registered Posts: 59 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi everyone,

At the eleventh hour (today) I have been given the compAny P11D's to do, which isn't a problem apart from the fact that the old company went into administration this year.

So basically I can complete a P11D for the date the new company came into play until 5.4.2010 but the Directors have had access to their cars all year. I realise the old company should have completed a P11d for the period 6.4.2009 until it went into adminstation but as I understand it this is not happening. Should they make their own declaration for the missing period?

Has anyone had any similar experience? I thought I would throw this on the forum to get some feedback before I rang HMRC

Thanks

Comments

• MILLY21
    MILLY21 Registered Posts: 59 Regular contributor ⭐
    Hi everyone

I guess that with nobody replying, then nobody has encoutered this problem but I though I would post the answer up here just for peoples future reference.

Yes the period of the old company is the administrators responsibilty to make the P11D declaration and P11d B form and pay the Class 1A NIC of this benefit. The new company would only do the paperword for the peirod is has been running for.

However because I have the information I was able to do the figures and provide the administrators with these figures, copy to the employees so that have a full years figure but have been advised no to sent this though to the revenue. I understand even if the revenue receive the part year return, they will assume that the car benefit has run for the whole tax year and therefore will not effect the employee tax code notice. If the employees were introduced to a car benefit through the tax year, then this would effect their tax code notification.

Hope this posts helps somebody in the future.
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    MILLY21 wrote: »
    Hi everyone

I guess that with nobody replying, then nobody has encoutered this problem but I though I would post the answer up here just for peoples future reference.

Hi Milly and thanks for updating the thread, I saw the post but didn't know the answer; will remember this one in case I need it in the future :)
  • snowmarauder
    snowmarauder Registered Posts: 99 Regular contributor ⭐
    Good one, I was asked about this a couple of weeks ago, and should have realised how it is done, a company that went bust 10 years ago and now twice again within 2 years, got foreclosed on this time.
Privacy Policy