Advise for a new MIP

royw1970
royw1970 Registered Posts: 10 New contributor 🐸
Hi

Does anyone have a standard letter template for sole traders and partnerships for sending out draft accounts and tax returns that could help me to generate my own.

Thanks for any assistance you can give

Comments

• Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    This is just cut and pasted from a recent email, feel free to adjust as you like:

Dear x

Please find attached your accounts and tax return for 2008-09 along with your tax computation. Could you please check through them and let me know if you have any questions or would like any explanations. Subject to that could you please sign on the following pages and return them to me:

Accounts: page 2
    Tax return: Page 6

This will authorise me to submit your tax return online for you.

I enclose a tax computation which shows tax and NI liability of £x by 31st January 2010 plus a payment on account of £y in July 2010.

I will return your paperwork for the period in the post this week.

If there is anything else I can be of assistance with, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

I also attach our invoice for your kind attention in due course.
  • royw1970
    royw1970 Registered Posts: 10 New contributor 🐸
    Thanks for your help
  • JodieR
    JodieR Registered Posts: 1,002 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    That's very similar to my letter but I also add in a line to say that the return won't be submitted until I've received full payment for my invoice, and I include...

'Assming that your circumstances remain the same, I'm providing you with a quote of £xxx to complete your 2010/11 tax return. This amout will be reduced by 10% if I receive your information by 30 June 2011. I trust that you find this satisfactory.'

Jodie
  • jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    JodieR wrote: »
    'Assming that your circumstances remain the same, I'm providing you with a quote of £xxx to complete your 2010/11 tax return. This amout will be reduced by 10% if I receive your information by 30 June 2011. I trust that you find this satisfactory.'

Jodie

That's a good idea Jodie, I like that, thanks.
Privacy Policy