I've lost my job!

speshul
speshul Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
I know that I'm not in a minority, but I've just lost my job. It's not fair.

Hopefully I've passed the exams I took in June; I'm so grateful that I've just finished AAT and have been able to apply for about a dozen jobs so far. First interview on Tuesday afternoon.

You are my friends already!

Comments

• lou123
    lou123 Registered Posts: 53 Regular contributor ⭐
    speshul wrote: »

Hopefully I've passed the exams I took in June; I'm so grateful that I've just finished AAT and have been able to apply for about a dozen jobs so far. First interview on Tuesday afternoon.

So sorry to read the news about your job, but I hope something comes up for you very soon. Well done for looking on the bright side and being so proactive, I'm sure your positive attitude will get you far.

All the best, Lou123

PS - good luck with your results too x
  • beaneygirl
    beaneygirl Registered Posts: 79 Regular contributor ⭐

good luck for Tuesday!
    Sorry about your job though.
  • Shell1983
    Shell1983 Registered Posts: 29 Regular contributor ⭐
    Good luck for Tuesday and your results :)
  • speshul
    speshul Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    Thank you all.

And ... guess what! Interview yesterday for one job and interview today for a different job - I've been offered and accepted the job I had the interview for this morning! :-)))

Still waiting to hear about yesterday's interview.

I start my new job next Wednesday - part time for the next couple of weeks to juggle in with my old job.

Hows that!

I'm delighted.
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    excellent, well done. i bet that is a huge sigh of relief.

Tracy
  • tigger37
    tigger37 Registered Posts: 200 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Thank you all.

And ... guess what! Interview yesterday for one job and interview today for a different job - I've been offered and accepted the job I had the interview for this morning! :-)))

Still waiting to hear about yesterday's interview.

I start my new job next Wednesday - part time for the next couple of weeks to juggle in with my old job.

Hows that!

I'm delighted.
    I hope I find another one that quickly come September..........been on several interviews already plus contacted the usual recruiting agencies and I keep getting offered plain data entry job interviews. I would think completing AAT would push me farther than just data entry jobs.
    Congratulations though :-)
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    tigger37 wrote: »
    ....been on several interviews already plus contacted the usual recruiting agencies and I keep getting offered plain data entry job interviews. I would think completing AAT would push me farther than just data entry jobs...

This would usually depend if you have relevant experience to back up your recent qualification. It's rare that you'll be offered graduate or training positions through an agency as the agency's clients - who make the rules not the agencies involved! - usually want ready trained people who are able to slip comfortably into their roles.
  • anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Well, this is me. I'm 'speshul'! Like I said;

Unfortunately things don't always work out how you think they're going to.

My husband and I work together, however, we both lost our jobs at the end of June - not because we did anything wrong - simply because of a personality clash!!!!!

Thankfully I'm over my op and it all happened after exam week, so I had been able to concentrate throughout.

I'm really lucky that I found a job within 9 days of being told - up against 74 others, so I feel quite grateful that I got a position. 24 hrs a week farm accounting again, which is what I know and understand best, so I feel like I'm standing in clover at the moment, although I can't think of many mums with two kids (inc toddler) who "need" a new job at the beginning of the summer holidays - ARGHHHH childcare!

Unfortunately, it isn't going to be quite as easy for hubby to find work and he's the main breadwinner. I also feel guilty that I'm going to work leaving him looking after children, which really goes against the grain - he's a farmery sort who leaves "calf rearing to the old cow", if you know what I mean! :lol:

His friends have rallied round and he has some combining to do, but he's been in farm, land and property management; although he is enjoying servicing up combine harvesters at the moment it's still hard to sign up for Jobseekers Allowance when you're 50 and have never ever been out of work!

Anyway - I know that I've had a couple of messages from some of you on facebook, wondering where I am and how I'm doing, but I haven't posted on there simply because I can't explain the situation easily. I promise we haven't done anything illegal or immoral - quite simply someone didn't like my hubby. Very sad. Their loss I'm afraid as we are both good, hardworking people, who would honestly bend over backwards to help anyone - a fact well known by the staff we worked with and were devastated (grown men in tears) to see us leave last week.

I started my new job two weeks ago and everyone is really friendly. Good start methinks.
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • Andypandy
    Andypandy Registered Posts: 526 Epic contributor 🐘
    Says alot that you've found a new one so quickly Annie, best of luck to your hubby. x
  • tigger37
    blobbyh wrote: »
    This would usually depend if you have relevant experience to back up your recent qualification. It's rare that you'll be offered graduate or training positions through an agency as the agency's clients - who make the rules not the agencies involved! - usually want ready trained people who are able to slip comfortably into their roles.
    I have over 4 years experience from the US and 5 1/2 years here in the UK. I get told by the recruiters how great my CV is. I just met up with another recruiter yesterday and they have sent my cv to another role. Hopefully I hear something positive - would like to have this sorted before my redundancy kicks in in 2 months.
  • anniem
    Andypandy wrote: »
    Says alot that you've found a new one so quickly Annie, best of luck to your hubby. x

Thanks Andrea! He'll find what he's looking for, I'm sure.
  • tigger37
    I have over 4 years experience from the US and 5 1/2 years here in the UK. I get told by the recruiters how great my CV is. I just met up with another recruiter yesterday and they have sent my cv to another role. Hopefully I hear something positive - would like to have this sorted before my redundancy kicks in in 2 months.
    Interview on Monday at noon! My fingers are crossed on this one :)
  • anniem
    Interview on Monday at noon! My fingers are crossed on this one :)

My fingers are crossed for you too!

Be positive, be confident and keep smiling
Privacy Policy