MAAT tomorrow!!!!

anniem
anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
I looked on MyAAT after the results came out and couldn't understand why I was still being invited to 'Apply for MAAT status', especially as I'd filled out the online application forms and everything was completed with little green ticks beside.

No problem - or so I thought.

When I double checked online there was a new line 'Pay your application fees'! Which I couldn't understand as I remember reading that if you did it online you didn't have to pay any extra.

Today I decided to ring 'nice lady' at AAT, and was advised that because I had completed one section back in January it was over 6 months old and needed to be re-done. She asked me the question again (Had I gone bankrupt or any criminal convictions, etc since my previous application: NO!) and all is now happily resolved.

I will be MAAT from tomorrow (why not today I didn't bother to ask!)

Upshot of this is if you have filed in your online application and passed your exams, but 'Apply for MAAT' is still on your MyAAT account then ring them up.

Also, if you applied but now need to resit exams then remember to update your records prior to next exam results day. Unfortunately the system is such that once you have filed the form online once you can't then go in and input new information - you have to either write, email or phone them!!! (Stupid system!)

Me x
FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire

Comments

• jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Congratulations Annie! If I'd got my unit 10 done I'd also be a member tomorrow but as I haven't I'll just have to wait.

I'm out with friends tomorow night so I'll have a drink to celebrate your success!
  • anniem
    jilt wrote: Β»
    Congratulations Annie! If I'd got my unit 10 done I'd also be a member tomorrow but as I haven't I'll just have to wait.

I'm out with friends tomorow night so I'll have a drink to celebrate your success!

Thanks Jill. As soon as you get Unit 10 in you'll be there - by Christmas at the latest, I'm sure!
  • jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    anniem wrote: Β»
    Thanks Jill. As soon as you get Unit 10 in you'll be there - by Christmas at the latest, I'm sure!

Maybe I could have MAAT baubles on the christma tree! :lol:
  • anniem
    Funny how you spend all your life trying not to be a mat, but are delighted when you finally become a MAAT!

Perhaps the AAT ought to market a range of 'WELCOME MAATS' ?????

Like the idea of baubles, would they be shiny or MAAT? :lol:

God, I'm feeling stupidly silly this evening ..... and I haven't been drinking ... or on drugs!
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    well done anniem :)
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    anniem wrote: Β»
    Funny how you spend all your life trying not to be a mat, but are delighted when you finally become a MAAT!

Perhaps the AAT ought to market a range of 'WELCOME MAATS' ?????

Like the idea of baubles, would they be shiny or MAAT? :lol:

God, I'm feeling stupidly silly this evening ..... and I haven't been drinking ... or on drugs!

well done...joined the elite club hey !
  • keane155
    keane155 Registered Posts: 404 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Well done anniem! I bet it's amazing to get those letters after your name, knowing that you have worked so hard for them. :)
  • tigger37
    tigger37 Registered Posts: 200 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Maat!

I got those letters as well this week and it feels almost strange to see them there. I haven't started to really use them yet. It's just a weird feeling after all these years of study. I wonder if it will be the same when I do my ACCA?

Congrats Anneim!!
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Where does everyone use (or going to use) their letters?

The only place I seem to use mine is on my email signature

BTW congrats to AnnieM and tiggger37 - fantastic feeling isn't it?
  • anniem

Thankyou.

I've had some business cards printed for when my MIP form has been done!

Well, actually I had the cards printed in May, just before I had my hip operation, as I needed inspiration to study - I can confess now that I didn't start studying PEV and PCR until 6 weeks before the exam - whilst I was in hospital after my hip replacement!!!!!

Good idea about the email signature - I'll change that too.
  • Rozzi Rainbow
    Rozzi Rainbow Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰

I only use mine when I sign letters at work - or send any profesional letters outside of work. They're also on my CV but as I'm still in the same job as before I qualified (and plan to stay there for now) nobody's actually seen it yet! It does look good though when we receive letters/magazines from the AAT with them on!
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    ditto on my cv and if im applying online always make sure its on the bottom by my signature ! but other than that I dont use it !
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Congrats Annie!

My letters are in my email sig and on our letterhead and that's about it.
  • anniem
    OK - my MyAAT page hasn't changed :(
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    I'm sure they will update it soon Anniem, but just ring them again otherwise?

I haven't used my letters at all yet... Got to think of where to start using them. Most likely not at work, because my colleagues would just think I'm married all of a sudden (plus I always avoid my surname, so they would just get confused).

I'll have to update my resume still, but I think that's the only place I'll be using them (and on any job applications/ covering letters).
  • tigger37
    tigger37 Registered Posts: 200 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰

It's fantastic, but still feels a bit strange if you know what I mean. I'm proud of myself for completing the qualification, but now it seems I have to move to another qualification to get anywhere...lol
    I haven't added the MAAT to anything yet as my work colleagues would think it looks strange (even they know I qualified as I took cakes into work on results day), but have informed all of the recruiters who are scouting out jobs for me.
  • anniem
    Well done Tigger, too!

My email came through on Friday afternoon and MyAAT has now been changed!!!

Congratulations - you are now a full member of AAT

Your application for full membership has been successful and you have now been elected as a full member of AAT.

You'll receive your full membership certificate by post in the next few days but why not start enjoying your new status and benefits today?

You've worked hard to earn your professional status so make sure you start using the letters MAAT after your name straight away.

Your full membership also brings a wealth of exclusive support and resources available through your MyAAT account.

Yippee!!!!

I've completed my MIP application, am researching PI Insurance and thinking about VAT registration, but not quite sure what to do about VAT registration.

Another really funny thing happened yesterday; I've been doing 'Tim's' book keeping/VAT for 12 years and he rang me up to say that this will be his last quarter as he's retiring - within 1/2 an hour I had a second call from a new client who I have arranged to meet on Monday morning!!!!!

SPOOKY!

Been working all day, but I'm happy about it :)
  • Andypandy
    Andypandy Registered Posts: 526 Epic contributor 🐘
    It's Saturday Mrs, put your feet up. Many congratulations on MAAT status. My previous boss still hasn't got around to updating my hours, so it looks as though I still have 23 weeks worth left to do:(
Privacy Policy