Finishing the intermediate

jane
jane Registered Posts: 165 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
Hi to all
Hope all your studies are going well. I have just picked up my Unit 6 again after i am ashamed to say a 5 year break!!!! I got the letter in the post to say that the standards are changing and that i need to complete the level i am on or loose it and start again. So i've opted to finish it.
I am quite proud of myself so far as i have studied every night since Saturday. I just hope i can pick it all up again quite easily. I was so silly, cos i have passed the exams but just had two simulations to do, but thought I'd be clever and have a rest!!! Bad move hey?
Any words of wisdom out there?

Comments

• taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    i am in the same boat, i just have not had a break, i have just taken so long to complete.

I have sent back my unit 6 sim and am in the process of doing unit 7 sim.

I have also passed all of the exams for technician too. it is just 4 sims holding me up now.

If you need any help, just shout on here, we have lots of expert members on here and we are a friendly bunch

Tracy
  • steveJ
    steveJ Registered Posts: 694 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Good luck with it !!

I suppose a few of the old faces that you used to see around here are still about, so get going and get it finished !!!!!
  • jane
    Thanks for your replys, and I'm sure i will make good use of this site. Think I'm gunna need all the support I can get.
    Good luck to you to getting your 4 sims done.
  • chunk1985
    chunk1985 Registered Posts: 10 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Hi,
    Sorry to jump on your thread here , i just noticed you had said "you have sent your sims back" and was just wondering if you were doing distance learning do you do your simulations at home ?

Im doing mine at college and they are done under exam conditions but obviously if they are done at home its abit open to outside interference should i say ?

Cheers

Aidan
  • Claire321
    Claire321 Registered Posts: 209 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    jane wrote: ยป
    Hi to all
    Hope all your studies are going well. I have just picked up my Unit 6 again after i am ashamed to say a 5 year break!!!! I got the letter in the post to say that the standards are changing and that i need to complete the level i am on or loose it and start again. So i've opted to finish it.
    I am quite proud of myself so far as i have studied every night since Saturday. I just hope i can pick it all up again quite easily. I was so silly, cos i have passed the exams but just had two simulations to do, but thought I'd be clever and have a rest!!! Bad move hey?
    Any words of wisdom out there?

I started the AAT in 2005 and am just in the process of completing the final simulations and project now. I started foundation and completed all the exams and some of the sims, then completed the exams for Intermediate and exams for Technician. I always struggled with completing the sims, with regards to having a workplace supervisor and being home study. I finally managed to arrange to go and sit them at BPP (I had to travel to London to be able to complete them on Saturdays) but apart from struggling to sort out the sittings it hasn't been that bad going back over concepts I'd originally studied a few years ago.

I would just advise to read through your text book (or maybe purchase an up to date one if yours are a few years old), have a go at the questions and complete a practice/mock simulation.

Good luck
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Hi,
    Sorry to jump on your thread here , i just noticed you had said "you have sent your sims back" and was just wondering if you were doing distance learning do you do your simulations at home ?

Im doing mine at college and they are done under exam conditions but obviously if they are done at home its abit open to outside interference should i say ?

Cheers

Aidan

yes i am doing distance learning, but i do my simulations at work, with my boss as my supervisor in a room with just me and him (lovely). I have to book the time with my boss, and also tell BPP the date i am going to sit it. he then invigilates whilst i do the sim. I have no books or any other material in the room with us. he receives the sim in the post from BPP and keeps it in his safe until i am ready to sit it. once i have completed the sim, he then returns it back to BPP to be marked. i am not allowed to take copies of it.

it is all done under exam conditions and to be honest, if it wasn't then all home study students would have this unfair advantage over the classroom students.

the supervisor has to sign documents (just like a tutor does) saying that all of the work is the students own.

So yes, it is "home study", but the correct term is distance learning as all of the sims have to be verified by a manager or above.

I hope this clears up your doubts of "home studiers". i would love to attend classes, but living out in Germany, the day to day travel is a bit far lol

Tracy
  • jane
    Hi All

I am in week two of studies again!! Gosh it's all coming back to me and i'm trying to remember how to work stuff out. i.e Costs per units, absorption rates etc etc!!

My Manager is ready for me to do my sims at work also,this will be done as you have stated. In my mind home studies are done exactly the same way as college, I sometimes think it's a bit harder going as you do not have the tutor there to hand if any questions arise whilst studying the materials. Thats the beauty of this site. I am thinking about going to college when I get to Technician Level though.
    Thanks to all
Privacy Policy