Shares

Dottie
Dottie Registered Posts: 99 Regular contributor ⭐
Small limited company with husband and wife having one share each. They are about to divorce and wife wants to buy husbands share (and he is in agreement). Can anyone tell me which forms need to be completed at Companies House?

Thanks as always.

Dottie

Comments

• Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Dottie wrote: »
    Small limited company with husband and wife having one share each. They are about to divorce and wife wants to buy husbands share (and he is in agreement). Can anyone tell me which forms need to be completed at Companies House?

Thanks as always.

Dottie

I can't remember which needs filing at Co House, but a stock transfer form (not Co House) needs doing (and is more important than Co House). Depending on the value, you might have to send it to the stamp office and pay stamp duty, or you might just have to keep it on file.

If you google the form and advice on how to complete it, you will find what you need. Took me a while to suss it out though so leave plenty of time.
  • acsacsacs
    acsacsacs Registered Posts: 43 Regular contributor ⭐
    As far as I'm aware, you just need to put the transfer on the next annual return for Companies House.

For HMRC, If under £1k then simply just keep the transfer form with the other company records. (Like Monsoon says)

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/sd/shares/sharetransfers.htm
Privacy Policy