Capital Allowance Computation

Options
jewels.p
jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
If you are selling a piece of Equipment for £500 that originally cost £3,000 from the Main Pool do you work out the WDA at 20% then take a balancing allowance of £500?

I am going through the steps of calculating capital allowances and it says Deduct the Proceeds of Disposals then Calculate the WDA on pool balances then Calculate any Balancing Allowances. :confused:

Thanks

Comments

• meibaker
    meibaker Registered Posts: 481 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    jewels.p wrote: »
    If you are selling a piece of Equipment for £500 that originally cost £3,000 from the Main Pool do you work out the WDA at 20% then take a balancing allowance of £500?

I am going through the steps of calculating capital allowances and it says Deduct the Proceeds of Disposals then Calculate the WDA on pool balances then Calculate any Balancing Allowances. :confused:

Thanks

you need to deduct the £500 first, then WDA 20%
  • Richard
    Richard Registered Posts: 373 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    jewels.p wrote: »

Thanks

A balancing allowance/charge will only occur if there is no other item in that pool, for example, if you purchased motor vehicle that was later sold, a balancing allowance/charge would be used to bring the total to 'nil'.

Therefore, if you have other capital items contained in the Main Pool you will not claim a balancing allowance.
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    I see thanks for the replies. There was only written down values for the Main Pool and two cars so I take it I just deduct the £500 disposal of the equipment from the main pool and then calculate the 20%.

Thanks again

(So not enjoying Business Tax!) :sad:
Privacy Policy