Age for Accounts Junior

MWAUGH1983
MWAUGH1983 Registered Posts: 420 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Just wondered if anyone could advised what the expected age of an Accounts Junior would be?

Cheers
Martin

Comments

• zara5034
    zara5034 Registered Posts: 170 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I worked in NHS Finance for quite a few years and it was usually around 18-19, usually after a levels, but sometimes they were older around 24/25

But I guess there shouldn't really be an age limit, if someone want to retrain maybe? Could be classed a age discrimination otherwise?
  • Fireraiser
    Fireraiser Registered Posts: 91 Regular contributor ⭐
    I'm a 45 yr old accounts junior (3rd career)
  • T.C.
    T.C. Registered, Tutor Posts: 1,448 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    You are never to old to start a new career. Remember the word junior refers to the job position, not your age! Good luck with it.
  • MWAUGH1983
    Cheers for the advice. Just i'm 27 and work for a finance role in nhs but its in a payables department so not really finance related. I have seen an accounts junior position and it seems ideal - level 3 studier with level 2 completed well I fall into the category and then they are talking about acca after that.

The other side of the coin is the salary - im on just under 14k so would have to at least match it.

Does anyone know what these jobs offer in terms of salary?

Cheers
    Martin
  • zara5034
    zara5034 Registered Posts: 170 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    MWAUGH1983 wrote: »
    Cheers for the advice. Just i'm 27 and work for a finance role in nhs but its in a payables department so not really finance related. I have seen an accounts junior position and it seems ideal - level 3 studier with level 2 completed well I fall into the category and then they are talking about acca after that.

The other side of the coin is the salary - im on just under 14k so would have to at least match it.

Does anyone know what these jobs offer in terms of salary?

Cheers
    Martin
    With regard to the salary, I find this the biggest problem with re-training, the salary's are usually very poor ( But then I'm in Cornwall so they're even worse) and that's not much use when you've got rent/mortgage etc. which is why I think they are usually aimed at school leavers that still live with thier parents as no-one else could live on the salary. Here in Cornwall you're looking at £12,000 pa, but thats a rough guide. Sometimes they're willing to pay a bit more of you already have some experience.

The other thing to consider is whether they are going to fund training.
  • MWAUGH1983
    zara5034 wrote: »
    With regard to the salary, I find this the biggest problem with re-training, the salary's are usually very poor ( But then I'm in Cornwall so they're even worse) and that's not much use when you've got rent/mortgage etc. which is why I think they are usually aimed at school leavers that still live with thier parents as no-one else could live on the salary. Here in Cornwall you're looking at £12,000 pa, but thats a rough guide. Sometimes they're willing to pay a bit more of you already have some experience.

The other thing to consider is whether they are going to fund training.

Cheers for that; it would be a bit low but you never know. Im not what I call money orientated but you do need a certain level of salary to live.

Martin
Privacy Policy