Microsoft Office Calendar

T.C.
T.C. Registered, Tutor Posts: 1,448 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
Good afternoon. Calling out to the computer experts. I have recently swapped my pc over to my son's (he's gone off to Uni with a new laptop). Everything moved over smoothly except for my desktop calendar/organiser, which I forgot. This one just doesn't seem to have one. Any idea how I can download it, or something similar. I just want a calendar to put in appointments, with a reminder pop-up option. Your help will really be appreciated.

Comments

• A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    has it not got microsoft works on? that normally comes as standard these days? If so there is a calender on there
  • T.C.
    It has office, but not works. I have even tried searching, but there is not one on here. To confirm I wasn't being stupid I even searched my laptop - found it on there easily. So still need help!
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    If you've got office have you got outlook, that's where my calendar is
  • oakley
    oakley Registered Posts: 73 Regular contributor โญ
    you can also use google calendar which gives varous alerts even by sms
  • A-Vic
    If you've got office have you got outlook, that's where my calendar is

well thats what i was thinking too, i have my calender and remindrs set on there
  • Fireraiser
    Fireraiser Registered Posts: 91 Regular contributor โญ
    What edition of MS Office do you have? Home & Student doesn't have Outlook (I think)
  • anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    You need to buy Outlook as a separate package, but once you've got it you won't look back.

It sells as a stand-alone program, but is excellent at organising you as it provides a calendar that you can share online (although you can't easily put enteries into other peoples diaries unless you subscribe to another service). You can drag and drop emails into either your calendar or the task manager part of the program.

My hubby and I share online calendars and it means that we can also book appointments for one another, quick email and it's then dragged/dropped into the date.

With task manager you can organise the rest of your life to run smoothly. You can schedule events and put them on an automatic recurrence, so the system reminds you what to do and when it needs to be done by.

I run a busy farm office, with about 30 vehicles that need 6 monthly servicing and annual tax discs, there are properties with different tenancy renewal/rent increase dates, staff payrise dates and appraisal planning, even just the monthly reminders for VAT Return, payroll, arranging regular or one off payments - I've set the whole lot up in task manager and the computer runs my life now! You can also drag/drop emails into task manager, so if someone hasn't replied to you after a fortnight then it appears in your tasks.

No more diaries for me - can't praise it enough!!!!! ;)
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • anniem
    What edition of MS Office do you have? Home & Student doesn't have Outlook (I think)

No it doesn't - you buy it separately for about ยฃ100 I seem to recall.

Best place for computer software at the moment is: www.dealsky.info

Go there, I just got complete microsoft professional for ยฃ109 complete with Access database too.
  • anniem
    OK just checked

http://www.dealsky.info/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13&products_id=17

ยฃ69 for Outlook 2010 downloaded from website - you honestly won't look back!
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I got the student version with outlook.

You had to register with software for students and have a school age child in the house (which we did) and then we paid about 30 for ours. We don't have powerpoint or access but I don't use them anyway (use google for that).
  • A-Vic
    have you tried windows live there is also a calender in that
  • T.C.
    Wow, what a response. Thanks for all that. I will try windows live though, haven't looked at that yet. Thanks.
  • A-Vic
    Funny thing is i only stumbled accross it myself last night but it is the exact same format as outlook and it manages my hotmail too :) and transferred all my reminders for birthdays ect
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Google also has some kind of calendar, but not sure how well it works or is designed, as I haven't tried it myself.

However google is known to bring good open source products out for free.
Privacy Policy