AAT Scheme for Members in Practice!!! Need further information about my Experience

MoneySavingBank
MoneySavingBank Registered Posts: 143 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Dear All,

Thank you very much for reading my post. I have applied for AAT MIP recently and submitted a copy of my CV. But They are asking for futher information about my experience in more detailed in the following area:

- Personal Income Tax
- Business Income Tax
- Corporation Tax
- Capital Gains Tax
- Inheritance Tax
- Computerised Accounting System

I have drafted this in a Word Document which has been compiled from our website. I really want to get the licence in all the above field.

Is there anybody here who would kindly take few minutes and help me in the above area on how to explain. I dont want to get refused.

PLEASE HELP ME HERE.

Regards,

MSB

Comments

• deanshepherd
    deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I have drafted this in a Word Document which has been compiled from our website.

They just want to know what YOUR experience is, not what services your current employer provides.

E.g. I worked in practice for 5 years in the tax department completing personal tax returns.. I was then seconded to the private client department and undertook CGT and IHT work.. I also studied towards the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners exams etc.. etc..

I assume you are actually experienced in all the areas you are claiming to be.
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    They just want to know what YOUR experience is, not what services your current employer provides.

E.g. I worked in practice for 5 years in the tax department completing personal tax returns.. I was then seconded to the private client department and undertook CGT and IHT work.. I also studied towards the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners exams etc.. etc..

I assume you are actually experienced in all the areas you are claiming to be.

Agree with this.

When I submitted my application, on a couple of things they simply came back to me and said "Before we grant you a licence in this area, please could you be a bit more specific about your experience in x and y." If you don't provide the right amount of detail they won't outright reject it, they will just ask for clarification.
  • burg
    burg Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,441 mod
    Agree with the above.

A CV is just the starting place but doesn't necessarily go into the detail of how long or why you have experience in particular areas.

I think it's pretty much the normal case to ask you to elaborate on your original proof.

Basically it should just be something that explains your experience i.e. why you have it, where from and how long you did it for.
    Regards,

Burg
  • MoneySavingBank
    MoneySavingBank Registered Posts: 143 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Thanks a lot

Hi,

Thank you very much for taking your time to read and reply my post. I really appreciate your feedback on how to present it.

Regards,

MSB
Privacy Policy